CHAPTER 44 - Heal

"Bring her to the sea!" I could hear my mum's voice. I groaned in pain; I felt my whole body weakened; I could barely move a limb. "How long more time does she have?" Lucian asked worriedly. "Few minutes before the poison fully consumed her!" Ezra cried. I felt my body was placed into the water; I felt my body morphing. My legs turned into a tail. I cried as a poison slowly annihilated me; I was too weak to even open my eyes. "Calder!" my dad commanded, and a whirlpool formed. "Your majesty! Your highness!" I could hear Calder's greeting them. "What happened?" he asked. "She had been wounded by the forest nymph's poisons!" Ezra cried. "She is stronger than that!" Calder exclaimed. I felt Calder holding my hand; "I did that, but it did not work!" Ezra continued. "She is dying!" Calder cried. "Rose! Wake up!" Calder called. "She has been a mortal for too long!" Calder continued. "We need to call her back! Only she can heal herself!" Calder explained.

I felt Ezra on my left, Xavier on my right, and Lucian above my head. "I can't help you! I am not her mate! Ezra, you know what to do!" he informed. I heard chanting, their chanting... I felt the wave rumbled. Suddenly, my body filled with a strong wave; I cried when it burning pain spread throughout my body. I felt like my whole body was thrown in the fire. I screamed in pain; "Don't stop! It's working!" Calder cried. I felt the poison slowly leaving from my bloodstream, my pale skin glowing and my eyes open. I felt gushed of energy flowing inside me, rejuvenating my cells and I was healing. The wounds slowly healed and the scars vanished. I saw my three mates all eyes shut, chanting the spell repeatedly. I commanded the water to slowly trail on their body, calming them.

The water made them stop chanting and I saw their eyes were puffy and teary; Xavier cried loudly. Lucian sobbed and Ezra wept. I smiled slightly as they embraced me tightly, I felt complete. "Calder, thank you!" I mouthed, he bowed slightly and smiled. "The princess?" I asked. "Xavier snapped her neck!" Lucian cried. "I am so sorry! I should not stop you!" Ezra was bemoaned. I brushed his hair gently; "It's alright!" I smiled. "Our subjects?" I continued. "Xavier's warriors will guide them back to Eradian!" Lucian answered. "Rose!" Xavier crying like a baby. "Are you three trying to flood the sea?" I tried to joke.

I swam to the shore; my parents were relieved. I embraced them tightly; "Mum, Dad!" I cried. "Rose!" they wiped their tears. "We almost lost you!" my mum hugged me tightly. I went back to the sea and swam towards Calder; "Thanks, Calder! I am so thankful for an awesome friend like you! Thank you for protecting my parents and Poseitheas! Sorry for always troubling you!" I embraced him tightly; he stunned. "You better let me go or I will die miserably!" Calder patted me on my back. I turned around and I saw three men with jealousy filled them as their eyes darkened; "Rose!" they growled at the same time. "I am tired!" I muttered softly. I felt a strong pair of arms carried me in a bridal way and I slept off on his arms.

The villagers have returned safely to Eradian. Princess Arethusa's death was dreadful, and the creatures of the enchanted forest mourned on her death, especially her soldiers. She was overtaken by the dark magic as she cultivates them for years. She was overwhelmed by lusts and desired the man that was not hers. I felt sorry for her but at the same time, hatred. Xavier brought some of his warriors to reside at Eradian to protect the villagers from more threats. He also will return to Bellicus once a month for a week to comply with his duties as king. Ezra returned to Magna to explain to King Silas on the death of his sister, Princess Arethusa. King Silas was devastated but he knew about his sister's doings. He was not furious but instead he thanked Ezra for being truthful and his sister's soul will be returned to the ancestors to be disciplined. Ezra was not bothered with Aurum as he was not interested to rule the kingdom instead, he spends most of the time at Eradian in the library.

Lucian returned to his duties as King of Eradian but this time, he was being truthful to me. He will include me in every session with the councils. As for me, I will need to return to Poseitheas to accomplish my duties as queen. I reconciled my relations with Calder and my subjects. I managed to regain trust and loyalty from the sirens. I also need to deal with the quarrels of the tribes of the seas, finding ways to make peace between them. I recruited young blood to take over Sia's position; to train them to be the best fighters in the seas. I always wanted to bring my mates to the sea, but the timing was always unsuitable. As for Aurum, Dimitri's Queen ruled the kingdom the way he did. She was filled with hatred and she had been sending threats towards my kingdom and me, but I managed to impede her intimidation. There were rumors that she was creating an army of monsters and when she comes, I am ready to fight back.