CHAPTER 25 - Chained

The warning bell woke me up; I looked out of from the window and I saw black shadows rushing into the palace. I quickly change into my training outfit and ran downstairs. I saw crimson liquid splashed in the palace. It stained the floor, the furniture, and even the walls. I saw corpses of the soldiers on the ground. They were either beheaded or the part of flesh on their neck was ripped off. It smelt like a slaughterhouse. The metallic scent lingered in my nose making me nauseous. I held my Excalibur tightly.

The group of bloodsuckers encircled me. They leaped towards me, but I was faster as I swing the blade decapitating their heads. One of them kicked the hard that I lost my grip. The Excalibur fell to the ground; I raise my left hand and liquid rising to the air forming blades whereas my right hand was suffocating a vamp by halting the blood flow in his body. I released the blades and it struck the vampires at their heart. More vampires ambushed the palace. I saw my guards were all slaughtered viciously. My blood boiled and my heart pounding when I heard Ezra yelp in pain.

I rushed to the main hall and I saw Ezra's whole body was tied by a large metal chain and he appeared to be drained. He was worn out; "Rose, run! Leave me!" he yelled. I lift my both hands and the oceans rise and shaped into stakes but before I could release the stakes; "Your highness! Another move I will kill him!" a young tall man approached; he wore a black leather jacket; his eyes were bloody red, and his fangs were stained with blood. There were seven mages circling Ezra and they were chanting spells repeatedly. The more they spoke, the more Ezra suffered as he was screaming in pain. "Ro...leav..." Ezra's voice broke. I released the ocean. I saw a man gripping Sia by her neck. She was struggling to breathe as she was gasping for air. "Please! Release them" I begged.

The man appeared in front of me; "Greetings, your highness! I am Dimitri. I heard so many rumors about you! Your beauty per se!" he snarled. "What do you want?" I felt a knot in my tummy with his metallic stench. "You for him!" he chuckled as he lifted my chin making me look into his eyes. "NO!" I saw Ezra growled in pain and his eyes turned crimson red and his fangs baring out. I took a step backward; "Look clearly! This is the real beast!" he chuckled. Ezra was snarling and growling in pain. "I have released the beast!" he chuckled.

"Rose, the clock is ticking!" he pointed at Sia and the vampire who was gripping Sia, snapped Sia's neck. Sia fell on the ground and bleed to death. "No!" I screamed and Dimitri yanked my hair. "Make your choice!" he growled. Ezra's eyes were emotionless like his soul just left! "Please, stop hurting him! I will take his place!" I cried. Dimitri handed me a black bottle; "Drink this then!" he chuckled. I opened the cap; the smell was horrible. I gagged, almost puke. I drank the liquid in a gulp; it was bitter, and a mage stood in front of me chanting spell. I felt a sharp excruciating burn on my legs. I cried in pain and everything went pitch black.