CHAPTER 18 - He Knew

I dressed up and I closed the door after me. "Don't let anyone enter!" I informed the guard who was standing in front of me. She was blushing red. I ignored her reaction and searched for Sia. She was looking for me too; "Sia!" I called, "Your highness!" she called. "You smelt like Xavier!" she claimed. I brushed my dampened hair, blushed. "You better be ready, your highness!" she stated as Prince Ezra entered the palace. I froze, my muscles tensed up. 

"Greetings, your majesty!" I greeted. "Greetings, your highness!" he greeted as he stretched his hand. I placed my hand on him and he pressed his lips gently. I felt a strong wave of current spreading inside me. "May I know the reason for your presence?" I claimed. "We have to talk!" his voice deepened. "Alright, your majesty! You came alone?" I questioned. "Yes, my dad is busy with our marriage preparation!" he answered. I nodded gently; I called a guardian to bring Prince Ezra to my office. "Sia, please wake Xavier up! Make sure he leaves my chamber! Ask the maids to clean up my room. My chamber is in a mess!" I informed. Sia nodded and hurried away.

I rushed to my office; Prince Ezra was sitting on my chair with both hands on the table, finger interlaced. "How may I help you, your majesty?" I asked worriedly. "Yes princess!" he answered. Princess? Did he just call me 'princess'? "Princess Rose of Poseitheas!" he stated. "How did you know, your majesty?" I stepped back. He beckoned his left hand, asking me to come nearer. I walked past the table, standing in front of him. Suddenly, I felt my body was bind and in a blink of an eye, I was sitting on his lap. I was immobile; "Forgive me for my insolence! I need to talk about us!" he claimed. 

"Release me this instance!" I growled. "Wait until I am finished!" he gave a stern look. He saw Xavier's marks on me; "I presumed this is from the lad who stormed off that day!" as he rubs the marks gently which made me whimpered. His eyes met mine; he growled in annoyance. "Stop doing whatever you are doing now!" he warned. "I did not do anything!" I puzzled. "It's about us! We share a bond and it bothers me as you share a bond with that lad!" he stared deeply at me. He knows that we are mates; I was relieved as a burden was lifted. "I do not like to share!" he growled. My muscles stiffened; does he want to break our bond? "I do not want to break our bond!" he answered. I was dumbfounded, he can read my thoughts. If he does not want to break our bond so he wants to break my bond with Xavier? "No, I do not, my queen!" he answered as he gently moves his hands on my lap. It made me moaned; "Stop touching me like that!" I warned.

"So, what do you want?" I growled in annoyance. "I want you to marry me without thinking of the other mate of yours!" he gave a stern look. I was perplexed by his statement. "When we exchange vows, I want you to only think of me and not him! Not like that day when your mind was flooded with him!" he growled. I blushed; "When we make love or mate, I want you to only think of me not anyone else!" his eyes darkened as he pressed my tight tightly causing me to wince. "Do you understand me?" he growled.

 I nodded; "Do you understand?" he pressed harder. "Yes!" I cried. "But let me warn you this! Even if I marry you; you won't be king until you prove you are worthy of!" I stated. He nodded; "I have no interest in being king!" he said lazily. I finally able to move; "I am sorry for my arrogance! I need to clear up my mind!" he bowed. We went out of my office; "Your majesty, I have prepared a place for you to rest tonight." I said. "Would it be your room?" he questioned raising his brows. I bite my lower lips just thinking about it. "Keep that in mind!" he smirked as he left to his room.

I wandered in the garden for peace of mind. Prince Ezra is being possessive; my mind was flooded with problems. If they do not get along, this will lead to chaos. "Your highness!" Xavier called as he ran and embraced me from the back. "I miss you!" he claimed as his lips touch my neck. I moaned softly, biting my lower lips. I saw Prince Ezra was strolling in the garden too. His attention shifted to us when Xavier's voice disrupted him. 

He approached us; I pushed Xavier away. "My wife!" he exclaimed as he approached us. Xavier glared and stood in front of me. I wanted to hide in a cave away from them, but I cannot teleport. "Your majesty!" I bowed as I pushed Xavier behind me. Prince Ezra pulled me over to him and placed his large hands around my waist, tightening his grip. "Would you leave us alone?" Prince Ezra instructed. Xavier insisted to stay but I waved him off. He stormed off. "That was easy!" Prince Ezra chuckled. "Rose, will you mind having a stroll with me?" he invited. "With my pleasure, your majesty!" I tried to smile. "Please, call me Ezra!" he smiled as we strolled in the garden.