· thirty-one ·

I woke up in the afternoon. A breezy 1pm.

Sleep schedule, huh.

Luckily for me, today was one of my off-work days so I could relax a little. I instantly knew that this wasn't my room since the ceiling was brick and not glass. I shifted to my right and immediately backed up. Jungkook's face was titled to face me. He looked peaceful and unbothered.

I smiled.

"We're alright," I murmured in disbelief to myself. We were actually alright. We were on talking terms and-

Everything's going to be alright.

My grin widened and my hand reached out to his cheek. Hesitating for a moment, I touched it gently.

I'm sorry for everything. I wish I knew what was going on with you.

"What're you doing?" his voice was sleepy and an octave lower.

"You're awake?" I asked calmly in a groggy voice as I chuckled. He nodded slowly.

"Light sleeper," was all he mumbled before his right arm smoothly went under my head and his left arm circled my waist. My eyes widened from the sudden movement as I found myself in his arms.

Holy cows. Holy cows. Holy cows.

"Relax. I'm not going to kill you," he teased jokingly.

"I'm calm. I'm so calm," I retorted.

"Your heart's going to explode if it keeps beating like that," his chest vibrated a little at his words and I could hear the smirk. Instead of fighting back with that, i savoured the moment. Carelessly wrapping my right arm around his torso, I instantly felt warmer.

"Don't you have work today?" he mumbled. I shook my head.

"I have some days off," I replied. He hummed in response and I felt his hand comfortingly patting my head.

"Do you have anything today?" I asked.

"I was planning to spend it with you," he replied cheekily.

"Sounds good to me," I chuckled.

***

"Jungkook?" I piped up. We were comfortably lazing around on our couch as a movie played in front of us. He hummed in response.

"I feel bad for how my last interaction with Jimin went," I said truthfully. He stiffened.

"Why? He tried to kiss you," he replied defensively.

"I feel like I have to find a conclusion to that," I said as I titled my head up to look at him. He almost squirmed.

"If you must," he gritted through his teeth.

"What did he say to you that day? He whispered something," I asked curiously. His eyes darkened but he shook his head.

"Nothing," was his reply. I pouted slightly and went back to the movie. Soon, I felt a warm hand interlock with mine as he sighed. I grinned slightly, knowing that I'd won.

"If you want to, ask him to come over," he grumbled. I nodded to show my acknowledgment and decided to just relax for now. It was cosy and these were those few precious moments when I wanted it to never end.

***

"Jungkook."

"Jimin."

The boys awkwardly acknowledged each other at the door. Hearing Jimin's voice, I poked my head out the door.

"Oh, you're here. Do you want some dinner? Jungkook and I already ate ours," I rambled.

"It's fine," he said quietly.

"Okay, come in," I tried to grin as Jungkook stormed off to God knows where. I cleared my throat as Jimin sat in his chair across me.

"I want to start off by apologising for what I did. I admit, it was very rash of me to do so," he started.

"I forgive you and I want to apologise for not personally telling you that I was staying with Jungkook. I also want to thank you for your help," I said, relieved that this was going well.

"I still do not think that staying with Jungkook is a good idea," he interrupted my thoughts. My brows furrowed.

Did he just-

"He's more dangerous than he appears. He's got quite the temper too," Jimin chuckled lowly.

"He's not. He's-"

"I warned you," was all Jimin said as Jungkook came in.

"Your time's up. Bye, Park," Jungkook said as he put a hand on my shoulder.

"You should go," I added on and Jimin nodded stiffly before leaving.

"Was that conclusion enough?" Jungkook asked softly. I looked him in the eyes.

"Yes," I said truthfully. I just wished Jimin hadn't said more than he had.

Temper? Dangerous? Jungkook's not any of those.

"You're thinking about something," Jungkook said.

"Jimin said something unnerving," I admitted and he titled his head.

"He said you had a temper and that you were dangerous," I continued. Jungkook opened his mouth to speak but I interrupted him.

"But I know you're not," I finished with a hesitant smile.

"I- you're right. I'm not," Jungkook assured me with a smile but I saw through it.

"But?" I urged him to continue.

"It's all in the past," he concluded.

"What did you do?" I asked, an unsettling feeling coming over me.

"I got into a lot of fights over really small things. I would say I picked it up from my father but that's just an excuse. But I've grown better," he confessed.

Well, thank God.

I hugged him tightly.

"I believe you."

***

Author's Note:
hhh... was this too strange?