· thirty-four ·

The next day, I patiently waited on the couch as Jungkook slaved away in the kitchen. Let me rephrase that- Jungkook offered to make lunch. I blatantly refused but after much begging, he was off on a mission. I lazed comfortably on the couch wearing one of my favourite tops and a simple pair of shorts.

I relaxed a little after hearing the usual sizzling and frying noises that came with cooking

I relaxed a little after hearing the usual sizzling and frying noises that came with cooking. Half an hour flew by before Jungkook came waltzing into the living room. He goofily bowed.

"Your lunch is served madame," he crooned as he reached a hand out for me to take. I chuckled at the act. Holding his hand, I swung my legs off the couch and followed him into the kitchen.

Woah. Is this udon?

There were two bowls that were filled with a clear soup, thick noodles, some meat and garnishes. I was a sucker for soups and noodles. My eyes sparkled.

"This looks and smells incredible," I deadpanned as I slid into my chair. I excitedly grabbed my chopsticks and spoon. He sat across me, hair still ruffled from the frenzy of cooking. I tasted the food and-

Holy crap. Boy can really do anything huh.

"This tastes so bloody good," I gushed as I kept eating. He blushed slightly.

"I'm glad you like it," he grinned happily. The lunch was peaceful and full of talk. The domestic atmosphere warmed me along with the food.

***

"That was really good," I said as Jungkook collected my bowl.

"It came from me, what else do you expect?" he joked haughtily as he put the bowls in the sink. I stood up and started walking towards him.

"Well-"

I got cut off as I yelped. I'd hastily slipped and was now not-so-gracefully falling. Jungkook's eyes widened as he caught me. My eyes enlarged and I stopped breathing.

He is so close to me. Woah- have his eyes always looked this br-

"Good catch," I joked but Jungkook still held on to me. A strong emotion came into his eyes. My breathing slowed and I really really looked at his features. I loved how his nose sloped and how his lips were always in this constant pout-like position. I loved how his eyes-

He cleared his throat and lifted me up to stand before taking a step back with no words exchanged.

"You good?" I asked worriedly at that strange interaction. He seemed off.

"Yeah," he said quietly but his intense gaze was still on me. I inhaled deeply.

Oh my God, please don't regret saying this-

"You sure? Because you're doing this thing where you stare intensely at me and not say anything. I'm not saying it's bad I'm just really worried," I rambled sort of jokingly to lighten the mood. It worked because he chuckled lightly.

"I'm sure," he said warmly.

"Do you want to go take a nap? You can just relax till the exhibition tomorrow," he said as he took a step closer towards me, tucking a stray hair behind my ear.

My heart. Good God.

I chuckled nervously.

"Want to play a board game with me instead?" I asked. His brows shot up.

"Loser has to clean the dishes," he challenged and stuck his hand out.

"Game on," I shook his hand firmly.

***

"This sucks," I whined as Jungkook's knight took my king on the chess board.

"Hey, you're the one that chose chess, what can I say?" he drawled smugly as he leaned back in his seat. I frowned. I knew I was good at chess- he just happened to be better.

"If it helps, I'll help you with the dishes," he smirked.

"No, a deal's a deal," I groaned. He only chuckled at that.

***

Author's Note:
another short one- sorry :(