· thirty-two ·

A few weeks later, I was nervously pacing around the living room. Jungkook sat calmly on the couch, a laptop on his lap. I saw right through his calm facade as he was nervously shaking his legs. I was anxious too. A while ago, luck struck me and I happened to have one of the best conversations with the one of the greatest artists in Korea- Mr Min.

He was having an exhibition and wanted to showcase some up-and-coming artists. Needless to say, this would be a huge boost for my career. I'd sent him multiple pictures of paintings I'd done. Those paintings were practically my children- I'd poured my soul into them. Each one turned out better than the last, dare I say.

Jungkook was impressed with them and I was secretly relieved that he didn't realise that any of them were about him. Yes. They were about him. When painting, my hands just drew what my heart saw and fortunately or unfortunately, my heart saw him.

Anyways, today was the day Mr Min told me he'd email me back about the exhibition. I couldn't sleep but Jungkook's hug gave me a good hour of rest. Now, he was constantly refreshing my emails as I kept walking back and forth.

Soon, I heard a ding. I stopped in my tracks and my hands flew to my mouth.

"Read it for me. I can't do it," I winced as I nibbled on my fingernail. Jungkook nodded and started skimming through the email. His expressions gave nothing away. After it all, he set the laptop aside and walked towards me. My face paled.

Oh God. Oh God. Oh God.

He shook his head gently and I nodded, a small lump forming in my throat.

"You didn't get the offer," he said quietly as he gently held my arms. I inhaled a shaky breath and nodded again.

"It's fine," I smiled as genuinely as I could. All of a sudden, before I could fully digest the information, Jungkook started laughing. My heart broke.

"Why're you laughing?" I tried to be mad but a sob attacked me first. His eyes widened and he immediately hugged me.

"Oh no, I didn't want you to cry. I was kidding," he chuckled. I froze and pushed him back.

"I- My art's in?" I stuttered. He nodded proudly and quickly showed me the email. I could barely read it as tears swarmed my vision. I threw my arms around Jungkook and squeezed the life out of him.

I- I did it.

"I'm so proud of you," Jungkook's voice was muffled in my shoulder. I could only continue to sob.

My hard work paid off.

I pulled away sniffling but my eyes were shining.

"This calls for a celebration," Jungkook grinned.

***

Jungkook leaned back in his seat and I could barely hold myself together. Still, I tried to remain calm.

"Are you sure we can finish all the food?" I gulped as the waiters started cooking our chosen meats. We were at an all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ. Jungkook had booked us a VIP room.

"It's a celebration," he emphasised as he lifted his drink. While the drink in his wine glass was real, mine was coke. I didn't drink. And he laughed at that and called me cute.

I clinked my glass against his.

"Wine tastes so good," he emphasised teasingly.

"Yah! Coke tastes just as good!" I retorted, only to burst into laughter with him.

"I can't wait to see your art in an exhibition," his eyes were gleaming with pride. I blushed a little and tucked a stray hair behind my ear.

"When can I see you perform?" I nodded towards him. He gulped.

"I don't know," he said sadly.

"Can you show me tomorrow?" I asked hopefully. He mentioned working on a new song and dance.

"If you really want to," he said hesitantly and I nodded reassuringly.

***

Author's Note:
A short chapter but aYYY- our girl got her art recognised :D