· six ·

Two strong arms engulfed me. Though the man standing before me was slightly shorter, it didn't make him less stronger.

"Hyung- stop," I hissed in embarrassment. A part of me still burn, though. It burned with love. The man before me who raised me from a brittle fragile soul. I missed him. His warmth did bring back many memories of late night rendezvous and adventures.

I could ever-so-slightly peek over his silver hair and my watery eyes could only focus on the pillar right in front of us. The carpark we were in was stuffy as hell and it smelled disgustingly musty. But the man in front of me- he smelled like home. Rose and lavender.

"Jungkook-ah," he could only cry out as his head rested on my shoulder. His chin digging slightly into my shoulder but it was nothing compared to the pain my heart was clenched in.

He could only murmur my name over and over again. His hot tears stained my white shirt. My arms hung limp and useless by my side- afraid that if I hugged him back, I'd return.

"Hyung, you promised you'd just leave the car," I tried to laugh but my voice was cracking with emotion. I missed him so much. He sobbed harder at that.

"Please, I have to go," I tried to form words. I felt his arms unravel around me and for a spilt second, the tears nearly fell. My lip trembled slightly. The man distanced himself and his red eyes stood out against his snowy skin. He looked thinner. Sleepier. Sadder.

His smiled a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"It's good to see you again," he said, as if trying to redo his "entrance". His long sleeve aggressively wiped at his eyes and he sniffled. He looked up slightly, eyes wavering between mine.

"Hyung," was all I could squeeze out. I took in a shaky breath.

"You know why I had to leave," I continued.

He nodded, a sad smile playing his lips.

"I know."

"I'm okay," I said.

"I'm glad."

His replies curt. As if he was afraid of being attached. As if he was afraid of getting lost in a conversation. As if he was afraid of not being able to leave.

"Can I have the keys?" I breathed out shakily. This time, a tear escaped. Followed by more.

Trembling, Jimin gave me the keys.

"Eat well," he said.

I nodded. Reluctantly, I forced myself to walk towards the white car. I could feel his gaze piercing my back.

I closed the car door and peered at Jimin who stood lifeless. The smile he wore lingered. Tears kept falling. I offered a small smile of my own, unsure if he could even see it through the windshield.

The car roared to life and I wiped my tears away.

After Ji Ae didn't need me anymore, where would I go? I couldn't return. With a last glance at Jimin, I drove off. My heart breaking into the smallest pieces was the only thing ringing in my head. Eyes glassy, I returned contemplated going back to Ji Ae's home and scratching my initial idea.

But Ji Ae deserves a little light in her life.

And with that, I headed for the supermarket.

Ji Ae's POV

I scurried out of the office an hour before my shift ended. For some reason, Mrs Park was in a good mood. She came to work humming, declaring that everyone could leave an hour earlier. Not waiting for her to change her mind, I ran out. Anything to be away from the hellhole.