· eleven ·

I pursed my lips as I kept tip-toeing to see where the cashier was. I spotted Jungkook's brown hair and grinned, quickly making my way over.

"What took you so-" he said before he turned around.

"Woah!" he yelped off-guard.

"What?" I asked innocently. His hand reached out to take the bottle in my hand.

"Wine?" he asked questioningly.

"Yeah."

"You drink wine?"

"No."

"So?"

"So, we're trying wine tonight."

"You've never had wine?"

I shook my head.

"Well, okay then. But if you wanted to have wine you could've just told me. I know the best place to get the best wine," Jungkook winked as he put my chosen bottle somewhere on the shelf.

"Hey!" I called out in annoyance as he started to walk to the cashier with the flour.

"If this is your first time drinking wine, it has to be the best wine," Jungkook insisted as he gave the cashier his card.

"Jeon Jungkook?" the cashier, who looked like a young teenage girl, asked with big doe eyes. I shot a look at Jungkook questioningly.

"Y-Yes?" he asked back with a nervous laugh.

"Aren't you-" the cashier started.

"Aren't I supposed to get my flour?" he pushed her question away. The cashier nodded but she seemed to be in a daze.

What?

And people noticed. People started whispering Jungkook's name. My hand gripped his shirt as I scooted closer to him. I could sense his chest rising and falling slightly quicker against my shoulder. Not going to lie, having his towering figure above me made me feel slightly more secure.

"Is now the moment where you tell me you're some serial killer?" I hissed as I eyed everyone wearily. Maybe it was my imagination, but the people seemed to start closing in. I could sense Jungkook's hand reaching out to grab the flour and his card.

"When I run, follow me," he said lowly, his hand unlatching mine from his shirt and holding it tightly as people started whipping their phones out.

"Now."

Jungkook suddenly shot off and I felt as if my arm would've have gotten snapped off if I had not run with him. People started to chase us as we dashed out of the mall.

"WHAT THE HELL?" I screamed in panic as I struggled to keep up with Jungkook whose brown hair was soaring in the wind. I tried ever-so-hard to not slip on the slippery floor. Jungkook's hand held mine tightly which gave me some support to keep running.

Holy crap am I unfit.

"Almost at the car!" Jungkook shouted as he heard me panting.

The thundering sound of our footsteps echoed throughout the parking lot as people rushed behind us.

"Ji Ae, I know I hate your driving, but please, DRIVE FASTER!" Jungkook screamed as he scrambled to buckle up.

"Okay, okay!" I replied quickly, too panicked to question the sudden 'ambush'. The car roared to life and I quickly stepped on the accelerator.

"Hold tight!" I shouted as the tires screeched against the ground. Jungkook's head turned back as he watched people running after our car.

My heart was pounding wildly as I drove the car as quickly as I could.

I'd make an incredible spy.

After a few intense minutes, we started to lose the people on our tails. Jungkook sighed in relief as he sagged in his seat. A hand dragged over his pale face.

"Oh my god," was all he could murmur.

"What was that?!" I demanded as I kept my eyes on the road.

"Don't go straight home, take some detours," Jungkook instructed as he sat upright in attention.

"Why? What was that?" I pushed.

"It was nothing," he brushed my question off as he pretended to be focused on the road.

"Bitch, people were chasing us! What do you mean it was nothing? I know I sure as hell am not famous or a serial killer so it had to be you! Who are you?" I fired off.

"Please, you have to trust me," Jungkook still ignored my question.

"Are you doing anything illegal?" I raised my voice.

"No," Jungkook immediately shook his head.

"How can I trust that?" I asked in exasperation.

"I don't know!" he cried out in frustration. I groaned.

"Good God, what have I gotten myself into?" I murmured quietly. Jungkook inhaled shakily.

"Look, I'm so sorry that you had to witness that but I promise, I'm not doing anything illegal. It's complicated," he sighed, looking at me apologetically. I kept my stoic face.

"That was a better apology," I stated simply.

The drive around town was an aimless and silent one. I stayed silent because there wasn't anything left to be said after the incident and I didn't know Jungkook well enough to just strike up a meaningful conversation. And I assumed Jungkook stayed silent because he was thinking of the incident- at least that's what I hoped he was thinking about.

The whole situation was rather worrying to me and I couldn't help but feel a little betrayed by Jungkook for not telling me.

I mean, he had a car, a black card and solid cash, why'd he have to stay with me?

***

"I would assume you wouldn't want to make cake anymore?" Jungkook joked nervously as he shut the front door. I lamely threw the car keys onto the table as I stretched.

"That would be correct," I replied stiffly.

"Well, you still have the rest of the day off," he said softly.

"I know, I'm taking a nap," I yawned as I headed for the bedroom.

"Oh, okay," he replied, looking a little lost. I shook my head slightly, trying to not bother asking him if-

"Do you want to take a nap too?"

***

Author's Note:
Hi guys! I hope you liked this :) I'm glad (?) to say that I am sort of kind of posting regularly? But let's not jinx it. See you in the next chap!