Chapter 24

"Wren, wake the fuck up. We're here" I heard his voice and I opened my eyes to find myself on Killian. I got up quickly and rubbed my eyes. The old man was gone and the train was empty. We got down and new people began to troop in. The sun was up but the weather was still cold. We got out of the subway and searched for a bus stop. I didn't know my way here but I could manage.

"Taxi" I called and the empty taxi stopped.

"This address" I gave it to him and he paled and told us to get in. We got in and he moved. I was excited and nervous all together. I stared at the cute tall buildings

Half an hour later, the man drove into a lonely street with bushes and a few shops. My eyes widened when he stopped in front of Blackley Cemetery and Crematorium and fear gripped me.

"Sir, you're mistaken. We didn't give you the address of a cemetery" I told him, my lips quivering. The man looked at me with soft eyes.

"Yes you did" he said and I shook my head. My mother wasn't dead. I refuse to believe it

"No, she's not dead. Killian tell him to go to the right address. He's lying" I yelled in tears and Killian got down from the taxi. He opened my side of the door and pulled me out

"What are you doing. Let me go. He's lying!" I yelled angrily at him and trashed in his arms but he refused to let me go

"Thanks for the ride. How much?" Killian asked and I tried kicking him but he didn't bulge. She isn't dead. She isn't dead.

"No problem son. Keep your money" he said and drove away.

"We should get in" Killian told me and I shook my head no.

"Killian you gotta listen. She isn't dead. She's alive" I told him and he pulled me to the gate. A security guard appeared.

"What are you looking for kids?" he asked

"McKenna Black's grave" Killian replied and I fought to get free from his tight hold. She's not dead. She's alive.

"Please excuse me" he said and left.

"Killian. She promised she would come back. She can't die. Not now" I cried and he buried my face on his chest.

"Third space. Tomb 40" I heard and Killian pulled me when the gate opened. We walked until we found the tombstone. The grayish stone on the grass. She was buried here.

McKenna Riele Black
Nov 25 1987 - June 13 2010
Was a good daughter, mother, wife and friend.
Died in a car crash, may her soul rest in piece.

I fell to the ground on my knees and sobbed loudly. She wasn't supposed to die. I had no one left. I cried out the pain I held for years and was thankful Killian didn't stop me. I was never going to see her. Those times I wasted calling her at the telephone booth. I thought she divorced Jerry and left. After hours of crying. I accepted my fate.

"It's over Killian. We're going back" I told him, my voice hoarse and my eyes wet and heavy.

"No it's not" he said as he crouched down beside me.

"There's no one left" I whispered and he brought out the last address I found in Dalwhinnie.

"This address might give us a clue on any other family you got" he told me and I nodded weakly feeling the urge to cry again. We left the cemetery and walked to a bus stop. This time Killian ordered and I found myself in it. I sat looking ahead as the driver drove slowly.

"Are you okay?" Killian asked and I nodded. I was okay. I guess deep down, I always feared this happened, but I chose to ignore it. The driver stopped in front of a huge mansion and my eyes widened. This looked like a castle.

"100 quid" she said and Killian paid her quickly as we got down. We walked in front of the gate. I got to the smaller part and pressed the big red button. A man wearing security clothes came forward.

"You have an appointment with the lady?" he asked and I blinked at him. The what?

"Uh... Not exactly but we need to see her. It's urgent I guess" I told him and he narrowed his eyes.

"What do you kids want?" he asked and I pinched my pants.

"I need to see her. I found her address in my dad's house and I wanna ask some questions. Please it's a do or die affair" I lied to him and he let us in. He gasped at my face but I ignored his weird attitude. He led us to the front door and a Butler opened

"Welcome. The lady will join you shortly" he said as we walked in. The living room looked shiny and wealthy. I felt the urge to pull off my boots so I wouldn't stain the marble floor.

"Who the fuck is the lady?" Killian whispered and I shrugged. An old woman in a nice expensive dress came down the huge stairs. Her blonde hair was in a neat bun and her skin was flawless. She looked like she was 60 and above. She looked like a queen

"Good day ma'am" we greeted as she got in front of us. She looked at me like I looked familiar

"It's been so long I got any visit. I've been sick for years. What do I own this visit for?" she asked. Her voice was tiny and cute

"Uh... We were wondering if you knew this woman" I showed her the picture and she snatched it from me " she's my mom. I found your address in my dad's house. She died nine years ago and we were asked to look for any family willing to take care of us or we will be sent back to reform school. My friend and I really need help" I explained and she looked up at me with tears flowing down her cheeks. I never wanted her to cry and stain her beauty.

"My little Wrenly. You've grown so big. Last time I saw you, you were just born" she cried and hugged me. Her small frame in my arms and I awkwardly patted her back

"Do I know you?" I asked and she laughed and pulled away. She hugged Killian too and I stiffled a laugh at his reaction.

"I'm your grandma silly. Don't worry about anything, you're never leaving me again. Now I have you away from your evil father. I hope he's dead. I had never approved him for Kenna when I noticed he changed all of a sudden. Come on dearies, you two must be tired. Let's go freshen you up and talk properly. You have lots of questions to answer from me and I'm sure you have questions for me too" she rambled on and on but nothing could stop the joy flowing in my heart. This was the beginning of pure happiness and a new life.

Or was it?

We have come to the end of this book
I hope you all had fun
Will there be a sequel?🤔🤔
You have to find out
Read, comment and vote
I love you all 🖤🖤🖤

We have come to the end of this bookI hope you all had funWill there be a sequel?🤔🤔You have to find outRead, comment and voteI love you all 🖤🖤🖤