Chapter 9

TENSION.

Tension was the best word to describe the condition we were in right now. Here we were, Killian and I, sitting in front of a really special cop I think. He went by the name Brams which was on the name tag of his baby blue shirt. I hated cops. They were mean backstabbing fuckers.

"The two teenagers who killed a man, set a house on fire and planned to leave town," he said to himself and I rolled my eyes. We were in a small cold room made of glass.

"Would you like to hear our own side of the story?" I asked and he kept his elbow on the white table, the back of his palms under his chin.

"After my questions." He ordered and I glared at him. He was quite handsome for a cop. He had salt and pepper short hair and slightly shaved beards.

"What was your name again?" He asked and I gritted my teeth.

"Wrenly Black." I snapped and he smirked, scribbling something down on the clipboard in front of him.

"What was the relationship between you and the man you both killed?" He asked and I let out a shaky breath.

"He was my father." I replied and he nodded and raised an eyebrow at Killian.

"I'm Killian Tyrel." Killian said and the man chuckled lowly.

"Well Killian. I was told there's no one with that name in this country." Brams said and I bit my tongue to avoid saying something nasty

"I'm not from here. I'm from Australia. I was born here. My parents lived in the woods. That's where I grew up. My dad always left us and came back in a week food. They both died of poison ivy and I knew I had to come out," he lied smoothly and Brams stared at him for a while before nodding. He turned to me and I sighed. See the reason why I hate cops? They're fucking dumb. Well this dumbness was a good one.

"Why? Why did you kill the innocent man?" He asked and I snorted. Innocent was a very strong word  I stood up and raised my hair off my neck.

"See this," I pointed to the scar and he stared at it with narrowed eyes. "Oh and this!" I raised my hoodie and he flinched at the scar he saw.

"What is all this?" He asked and I laughed. Why did he have to be so goddamn dumb.

"My so called father had been abusing for 9 years ever since my mom left him. If it wasn't for Killian, I would have been dead." I told him and he looked stunned. He looked like he was looking for the right words to speak.

"Why didn't you report this?" He asked and I had the urge to punch him in the face. How many times had I called.

"I called okay. I called the cops but all I heard was we'll be right there. They never came. I called 911 but he caught me and beat the shit out of me and we ended up moving." I told him and he opened his mouth to speak but I held my hands up. I wasn't done talking.

"Oh I know how it works here in Dalwhinnie. You don't care about those who belong to the lower classes, those who belong to the house of commoners, those who attend public schools. Those who attended public schools, those who doesn't have any right to associate with royals. If I were to be related to any royal, you would risk your lives to help me isn't it?" I asked.

"You're taking this all wrong Miss Black sit down," he ordered but I stood my ground. I really do have death wishes.

"Unless you tell me one reason why you cops let the royals treat you like puppets in a fucking magic show at some crappy theater!" I yelled.

"Sit!" He ordered and I flinched and sat down. I almost pinched Killian who chuckled beside me.

"Look here officer, are-"

"Chief Inspector please," he cut me off and I scowled at him.

"Are we gonna go to prison?" I asked. I just needed to know our fates.

"Yes. Abuse or not, you both took a life," he said and my face fell. The two youngest teenagers in Dalwhinnie. I could already see it.

"But I'm only 16 and he's 17. You can't do this to us. It's so unfair." I whined and he busted out laughing.

"I was kidding," he grinned mischievously. I need to plung a knife through his tenders.

"Son of a bitch" I muttered.

"What was that?" He asked and I gave him a sweet smile.

"I said I need a Fish." I told him and he narrowed his eyes at me before shaking his head. 500% dumb.

"Since the two of you were charged for murder, stealing a pickup truck and running away, you'll be sent to Liverpool reformatory for boys and Bedfordshire reformatory for girls," he said and my jaw dropped. No fucking way!

"What!?" Killian and I shrieked in unison.

"No way." I whined.

"Yes way," he shrugged. My heart ached at the thought of being separated from Killian.

"You can't separate my girlfriend from me, it's unfair. She needs me just as I need her." Killian blurted out and I looked at him in shock. Real smooth Killian. Real smooth.

"I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do to change the laws," he said and I snorted which earned a glare from him. Oh I'll make change the stupid law.

"Let's make a deal." I told him and he gave me a 'go on' look.

"I'll tell you the place where the drug dealers my dad worked with are and you'll send us to the same reformatory." I offered with a smirk.

"Tell me the address," he ordered sternly.

"Send us to the same reform school." I mimicked him and we had a staring contest until he gave up.

"Fine. Katie, send two transfer letters to Cornwall reformatory," he said and I smiled.

"Buchanan drive in Sheffield.The old abandoned building underground. They do drugs, prostitution and illegal fighting." I told him and he nodded.

"Thanks for the information. See that guy over there," he pointed to the door and we both turned to see a young cop smiling at us. "You'll spend the night at his place." He said and removed our handcuffs. I flexed my wrist and stood up, heading towards the young cop. I was about to leave but got stopped by Brams.

"It was nice talking to you Miss Black. I'll ensure more effectiveness of the police. A word about that shouldn't leave your mouth," he ordered and I gave him a fake smile.

"Aye. Goodbye Brams. We might meet again." I joked and he laughed.

"I'd be glad to have you," he replied and my lips twitched as I shut the door. I grabbed my bag on the floor and ran to keep up with Killian and the young cop.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter?
Read, comment and vote
I love you all🖤🖤🖤