Chapter 2

I got to school just as the lesson bell rang and ran to class. I sat down on my favorite seat as students too found their seats and just in time, our physical science teacher came in with our test results. She shared it for the class and I rolled my eyes when I heard Caroline, the golden girl A.K.A smartest, scream an A+. A piece of paper was slammed on my desk and I flinched when I saw F-. Wow, I expected nothing at all but at least F- is something.

"Fifth time you're failing my subject. Do you need a tutor? Because I'm pretty sure with these results, you won't graduate junior year." she warned and I looked up at her, giving her a bored look. Her face softened and I cussed myself inwardly for letting her see the bruise. You can be so stupid at times Wrenly.

"Yesterday you looked pale, today you have a bruise forming on your face. Are you in some sort of trouble at home?" She asked and I gritted my teeth.

"With due respect, the way I live my life isn't your business." I told her truthfully and she stared at me for a few seconds and then left my seat. Just in time, the classroom door opened and the arrogant guy I met earlier came in. I gritted my teeth when girls whispered trash. He found my eyes and glared at me. Trust me arrogant jerk I like you neither. Do I really?

"Oh my. You're the new student that called." the teacher explained, eyeing him like he was a fine piece of meat. Maybe he was or maybe he was more than this. Who knows?

"Name?" she asked eagerly and I cringed. Students had started to observe her reaction to the new hot student.

"Killian Tyrel." he replied. His voice a little deep and husky and it felt good to my ears. I whispered his name with a smile, loving the feeling it gave my curling toes.

"Well then Killian, take a seat." she told him and he sat next to Caroline. As if today could get any better.

Lunch break came in a flash and I made my way to the school cafe. I saw how friends sat in groups and talked together. I was never popular or unpopular. I was the unnoticed. I went to the burger section and was given a cheese burger and few fries. I made my way to the drink section to buy a drink to pair with the food. Having money wasn't easy. I had to steal from Jerry and save enough to leave this town when I become eighteen.

Caroline queued behind me and I turned to see Killian next to me at the pizza section. My heart skipped at his proximity but I was reminded of today's embarrassment.

"Hi Killian we sat together at Physical science class. I'm Caroline." she introduced, her left hand out for a handshake with confidence rolling off her as waves and I rolled my eyes at her lame form of flirting. He took his plate of pizza and nodded at her, leaving. I bit my lips to avoid laughing hysterically and made my way to the library. I guess he was really arrogant to everyone.

I sat on the rug at the fantasy section and began to read a book about griffins. This was the best way to enjoy your life I tell you.

I felt a presence beside me and I looked up to see Killian searching for a book. I looked down, ignoring him until the asshole decided to step on my fingers.

"Watch it." I hissed but he ignored me and left. I rolled my eyes and continued my lunch, ignoring the throbbing fingers.

Lessons ended after a while and I left school immediately, walking home and the rain decided to teach me a lesson.

"Fucking great." I whispered in annoyance and pulled up the hoodie of my jacket, pulling it tighter. I shivered as my teeth gnashed in cold and walked quickly, drenched in the rain. These were times I wished mom was around. We would be in the car and watch the rain together.

A car honked behind me and I turned to see a blue pickup truck with Killian's head popping out of the window. well this is new.

"What the fuck do you want?" I asked with every venom laced in my words.

"Need help? You look like you're gonna freeze any second." he asked frowning. Of course. Wasn't it so obvious? This guy really had some smiling issues to work on.

"Thanks but I'll pass." I said and turned around, walking home. I heard his truck following me and I gritted my teeth in cold and anger. What was his problem?

"You sure you don't need help?" he asked staring at my neck like he could see the scar. I drew my hoodie forward, glaring at him

"I'm fine. Why do you care?" I asked in curiosity and he rolled his eyes.

"Whatever floats your boat." he said and wined up the glass, driving past me. The action made the mud water to splash on me.

"Fuck you, you son of a bitch. You fucking arrogant jerk!" I screamed in rage and he honked again like he heard me. I scoffed and walked home faster in anger. He almost totally ruined the only clothes I have.

I got home and went to my room straight, pulling off my clothes so they could dry. I dressed up in my night clothes and took my homework to the basement. I did my homework and watched TV till I slept