Chapter 11

I dragged my feet my feet to the female block. I climbed the stairs and opened the large doors only to see girls in groups sitting on different couches.

"Hey guys, we have a newbie!" I heard a girl shout and all eyes were on me. A pretty strawberry blonde came to me like a predator and I stood there like a dumb prey.

"Hi?" I greeted, more like a question and she grinned.

"C'mon. You have to get ready for the welcome party we're having tonight. Girls and boys. We got information yesterday that two new people were joining and we made plans for tonight," she said really fast and I gave her a fake laugh when she laughed. She pulled me to a stair that led to an hallway filled with many black doors.

"What's your dorm number?" She asked and I opened the plastic bag and checked.

"Third floor, room 20" I told her and she squealed so loud that I had to cover my ears in fear of losing them.

"OMG! At least, my prayers have been answered. I got a pretty roommate. Yes!" She squealed and this time around, my laugh wasn't fake.

"Even with this." I showed her the scar on my neck. She gave me a smile and nodded.

"I think scars are like battle wounds. Beautiful in a way. They show what you've been through and how strong you are for coming out of it. Your scars are beautiful in their own way, at least they witness your true side," she said and my vision blurred with tears.

"Thanks." I whispered and she shrugged.

"I'm Bow by the way, short for Bowen," she said and I smiled. Her name was cute.

"I'm Wrenly. You can call me When." I told her.

We got to the last floor and I found room 20, which was the last door opposite room 15. She used her key to open the door and I gasped at how big it was with two mini beds side by side. I went to my side of the bed and used my key to open my wardrobe. Seven black shirts were hanged and seven cotton pants were also hanged up. On the other side were seven long-sleeved plain black pyjamas and 4 stray jackets. All had my name written in front and inmate at the back. I looked down and saw two combat boots and black socks that were arranged. I opened the inner drawer and saw black cotton underpants and bras.

"Thank fuck." I whispered. I looked back to see my roommate changing into the same plain black pyjamas. I opened another drawer to see new bath supplies.

"The bathroom is over there if you're wondering," the girl said and pointed to a door I never noticed.

"Thanks." I told her and took my bath supplies. I went to the small bathroom and bathed thoroughly, gracefully washing my hair. I came out wrapped in a fluffy towel and changed into one set of my pyjamas.

"You ready?" Bow asked after braiding my hair and I nodded my head yes. We left the room and I locked it.

"I heard you came with your boyfriend?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows and I rolled my eyes.

"He's not my boyfriend, he's just a friend." I replied and she hummed. The block was silent when we left and we walked to the largest building.

"Won't you guys get into trouble?" I asked and she laughed.

"We have permission to do things we want but we must be on bed by one AM. It's a rule. The teachers are nice but Professor Henkins is a mean old witch," she said and I nodded. I could totally relate. We got into the building and got to the gym hall. She opened the door and I was greeted by the stench of alcohol and neon lights. The music was too loud and I felt uncomfortable.

"How did you guys do this?" I yelled over the music and she giggled and shrugged. I looked around and cringed when I saw Killian talking to a guy with different piercings on his face. He had his back facing me and I could see part of the tattoos on the back of his neck. His pyjamas looked tight for him.
The piercing guy looked at me and whispered something into my ear making my eyes go wide. Killian turned and my mouth hung open at the sight of the nose ring he had on.