Chapter 1

Yesterday in class, we were asked by our AP English teacher to talk briefly about our fathers

Yesterday in class, we were asked by our AP English teacher to talk briefly about our fathers. Here and there from everyone, I heard,

"My father is the best man that has ever happened to me. He is my hero."

And when Miss Tammy got to my seat, I rolled my eyes and spoke,

"I don't think the word father exist in my life. I think I would be prefer the word me-maker. And I wish him dead."

I could remember the horrified looks I got from everyone but I cared less. I never hated Jerry, I was only in a bad mood yesterday. Maybe because I could still feel the pain of the knife cut he gave me that morning.

Here I was on my bed, my eyes open and waiting for my alarm to ring. Funny how I woke up before my alarm. Maybe because I was sleep deprived or maybe because I was in so much pain. Pain I hadn't gotten used to. This week, we had moved from the first block, to the third block of this street. Jerry had gotten himself into trouble with his drug dealers and had to plan fast and stupid. I hated moving, I hated everything that involved him.

The familiar alarm rang through my ears and I groaned and rolled on one side, careful not to open the stitch that Jerry had reluctantly stitched up after adding pressure of course. I got up successfully and made my way to the bathroom.

I dreaded looking at myself at the mirror but regretted when I did. Tears brimmed my eyes but I refused to let them fall. I observed the scar I had grown to hate. The scar ran from the back of my ear down to my collarbone. I got it as a gift from Jerry when I was thirteen.

I had my bath and dressed my wound up before dressing up in the clothes I owned for now. A black ripped jean and black shirt. I wore my old tight stray jacket and my sneakers. Here in Dalwhinnie, the weather was always very cold.

I left room and got down quietly to the kitchen to make breakfast for him. Since he wasn't there, I quickly ate a pancake out of seven and went upstairs to grab my backpack and a few coins from my savings. I went down only to meet him waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs. I exhaled a shaky breath and got down fully to meet him.

He had a stench of alcohol on him and I relaxed a little. Drunk Jerry was better than sober Jerry. He gripped my hair backwards and forced me to look up at him and he smirked.

"You smell old." he muttered and I kept my mouth shut. That's because you haven't renewed my clothes.

"Raise your shirt." he ordered and I raised it. He glanced at the dressing of the wound for a while and pulled it down.

"You made six instead of seven?" he asked and my heartbeat increased.

"The mixture wasn't enough." I lied softly and he punched me in the face. On the same spot he punched yesterday. I sucked in a breath and breathed slowly, holding back the urge to cry out in pain.

"I didn't give birth to a liar. I can practically smell it coming off you." he seethed and I nodded shamelessly. Tears brimmed my eyes at his words. They all hurt me. They still hurt me.

"Be back early. I won't be coming home tonight." he said and released my head painfully before walking away, leaving me to hold onto the rail of the stairs for support. I held the skin under my right eye like my life depended on it and left for school. I walked to the street next to school and I watched happy students laughing like the world had no sorrow. Well, they were wrong. This world was full of shits and shit creators. I got to the telephone booth and got in. I shut the door and put in two coins and took the telephone. I pressed the numbers and it rang. It had always been ringing.

"Hi it's McKenna. Leave a message." her voicemail spoke.

"Hi mom it's me Wrenly. Pick up okay. I miss you." I said in a broken voice and released a sob, remembering the last time I saw her.

"Mommy I want to come with you and daddy." I whined and she grinned and leaned down to my level, her long blonde smooth hair falling too. She kissed my forehead and arranged my wild blonde hair.

"I'm sorry but you can't honey. KayKay will keep you company. It's a party for adults. I'll also get you an ice cream on my way back." she said and I looked back at my babysitter who smiled at me.

"Princess," Daddy lifted me up and I giggled. "I'm also getting you a cheesecake." he said and my lips widened in an innocent greedy smile.

"Bye honey." mommy waved and left with daddy.

I was seven then. She never came back. Dad came home looking scared and shocked with a bloody shirt and hands. He was shaking furiously and the scary look he had on his face and disheveled hair made me cower behind KayKay, gripping her legs tightly. She got fired the next day and I was left to fight for my existence alone as Jerry had his ways with me.

I picked up the telephone in anger and frustration again and added extra coins. I pressed the numbers quickly and it rang again.

"Hi it's McKenna. Leave a message." her voicemail spoke.

"When the fuck are you coming back? I miss you so much. Dad isn't the same anymore. He's turned into a total bully." I dropped it and wiped my tears. I believe one day she'll pick up. Maybe I call her at the wrong time. But when is it ever the wrong time? I saw a manly figure waiting outside and I knew I had to leave.

I opened the door to see the most handsome guy I had ever seen in my whole sixteen years of living. He had an unusual black and green hair and his pupils were deep black. He was in a black leather jacket and black shirt. He also had a black jean on and a tattoo of a dragon on his neck but it wasn't complete as I couldn't see below. His jaw and chin was perfect and his skin was a little pale. He looked godly. Like a frigging fantasy god.

"Hate to break your staring routine but I ain't got all day. If you're looking for something to admire, go to the gallery." he said narrowing his eyes at me and I looked away with embarrassing red cheeks and stepped out. He slammed the door shut and I frowned at his arrogance and made my way to school. He should put a paper bag over his personality.