Chapter 19

"Hi Wrenly," a girl greeted and I waved at her as Bow and I went to the food hall. When we got back last night and we girls, all had a slumber party at the dorm to celebrate our victory.

"You're so popular now." Bow nudged me and I laughed. We made our way to the fantastic eight and not surprisingly, Killian kept a space beside him and food for me.

"Morning." I greeted everyone and sat down. I kissed Killian on his cheek earning a scoff from Marco. Marco was still mad about yesterday.

"Stick a dick up your ass Marco." I told him and he rolled his eyes.

"Holy shit." Valentine gasped and we followed her gaze to the hall TV.

"Two young siblings were found dead along Essex road. They were attacked by wild animals and were deeply clawed on their torso. Scientists believes this to be extra ordinary as marks couldn't be matched with any animal on earth," a news reporter spoke and I cringed when I saw pictures of the claw marks. I glanced at Killian who looked tensed.

"Rafael. He's here," he whispered and my eyes widened. Rafael came back. My questions were right. After a couple of minutes, the bell rang, and I stood up with Killian. The other students were still talking about the attack and that seemed to have spiked Killian's anger.

"I need to leave here. I have to find him," he said as well walked in the school hallway.

"I'll come with you." I told him and his jaw clenched.

"No. I'll go alone," he said and I frowned.

"You can't leave me here alone. Please Killian." I pleaded and his eyes searched mine. He sighed and nodded in defeat.

"We need a plan," he said.

"I can ask Bow." I offered and he nodded, and we got into class.

Lunch came and I pulled Killian to the library where Bow was waiting.

"Hey." I whispered to her when we spotted her sitting at a chair at the back of a shelf.

"Finally you're here. What's up?" She asked.

"We need your help to sneak out." I told her and her eyes went wide.

"Why?" She whispered looking sad.

"It's a secret. It's so urgent." I told her and she sighed.

"I know a place. I once tried to escape but I got caught," she said.

"Attention! All students should meet for an emergency assembly at 7PM," the principal's voice came through the buzzer and she smirked.

"I've got a plan. I'm doing this for you because I trust you," she said and my heart ached. She told us the plan which was pretty awesome but I felt guilty for her risk. The bell for Lessons rang and we left the library.

"Are you gonna come back?" She asked.

"I don't think so." I told her and she pulled me in a tight hug.

"I'll miss you," she whispered in my ear and tears welled in my eyes.

7PM came and we left the dorm for the emergency assembly. The assembly was in front of the biggest block. The principal came out of the door.

"You're welcome. As we all know, we-"

"Ahh!" She was interrupted by Bow's scream and all eyes were on her. She fell to the ground and started to say those things she said on my first day here. She was a pretty good actress.

"Quickly get the paramedics." Professor Henkins yelled and came closer to Bow. Killian pulled me and we ran to the back of the building and searched for the broken wall Bow told us about after putting on our hoodies.

"Where is the fucking place?" Killian cussed and I stilled when I heard our names.

"Oh shit. They noticed." I panicked and held Killian's shirt tightly.

"Escaped students." I heard through the whole blocks and red lights blasted everywhere. We saw torch lights as the securities came closer to where we were.

"Killian what do we do?" I asked. If he shifted into his dragon, they would see him and he would be automatically a national threat. My heartbeat raced as they got closer and closer.

"Fuck." Killian hissed. This was it, we were going to get caught.

"Don't let go," he said and in a sickening second, I found myself in a familiar forest. My legs were shaky and my stomach turned. I crouched down when I felt bile up my throat and threw up. I threw up so hard that my sides hurt.

"Here." Killian handed me water from his pocket and I rinsed my mouth thoroughly.

"You can teleport?" I asked, my body has not yet adjusted to the new feeling.

"It's a gift," he replied and I frowned.

"You could teleport this whole time and you chose not to. What the fuck Killian?" I asked him.

"Look at what happened Wren. It made you sick. I didn't want you to get sick," he said and I rolled my eyes and took in our scenery.

"Seriously Killian. Dalwhinnie?" I asked. Can't believe we were back here. The place where there was a cave. He scratched the back of his neck and grinned sheepishly at me.

"The only place I know on this earth. Don't blame me," he said and I shook my head. We got closer to the cave.

"Stay here Wrenly. I'll go find Rafael," he said and kissed me quickly before shifting into his dragon. I scoffed in boredom and sat down at the entrance of the cave. The nights were filled with cricket and frog sounds. I felt someone hold my mouth and I trashed in the person's arms. I used my elbows to hit the person's chest and picked up a hard stick. I turned to the brown haired man and hit the stick on him. He grunted and I raised my hands to hit him again and he grabbed it and threw it far away. He pulled me and tied my arms and legs.

"Killian! Let me go!" I screamed and he put a gag in my mouth.

"For a human you're quite strong," he said and I felt a prick on my shoulder. The world moved in a circular motion and I fell into darkness.

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter
Read, comment and vote
I love you all 🖤🖤🖤🖤
Don't forget