Chapter 22

I groaned in pain and sat up but regretted it. My head hurt like it was hit by a monster truck and my neck hurt too. I touched my neck and shivered.

What the fuck was that?

I shrugged it off and looked around. I was under the cave in the woods. Memories flooded my brain and I gasped and sat up, thinking of one person.

Killian

I stood up, ignoring the throbbing pain in my head and got out of the cave. I heard a noise like stones were thrown to a tree and I followed it. There he was, sitting on a big rock.

"Killian" I whispered his name as I got closer to him but he ignored me. No! Not again. Not back to square one.

"Killian" I called him again when I sat next to him. His jaw was clenched and his eyes angry. He was angry at himself

"You almost died" he said, his voice lost its emotion

"But I didn't" I told him, placing my hand on his but he shrugged it off and that hurt a lot.

"You almost died after hitting your head. There was nothing I could do to save you. I lost hope. Than had to force my fangs out and I marked you. I did that so you could survive. I made our bond stronger which is so stupid" he said and my eyes welled when he called it stupid.

"Why'd you call it stupid?" I asked, my voice breaking.

"Everything was stupid at first. This whole me and you shit. I hate it. I don't want any of that. I wanna be on my own" he said

"Bummer!" I exclaimed in anger " you call this stupid. Our feelings. You call it stupid" I yelled and he shrugged. What did I do wrong

"I knew it wouldn't last. I'm a loose cannon and I'm better off alone" he told me coldly.

"Fuck you" I sneered and he sighed. He wasn't smiling anymore. His face held nothing. He didn't even care anymore.

"You don't get it" he said and I stood up

"You're a coward" I yelled and walked away with tears spilling from my eyes.

"Wren" he called following me and I gritted my teeth in pain of my heart shuttering

"Bugger off" I replied and I shaky voice.

"You have to listen. I don't want you to ever get hurt" he said

"I said bugger off Killian. I've been hurt all my life, there's no fucking difference" I replied

"I just want you to be safe from me. Trouble and curse follows where I go" he said. I felt his feelings deep inside me. He was sad and hurt and lost. I opened my mouth to return his words but cold chills ran down my body

"Don't move any further" I heard a voice and we both froze.

"Hands up and turn around" she ordered and we did. My eyes widened as we stared at a female cop pointing a gun at us with two other male cops behind her.

"Not again" I muttered as we got handcuffed from behind.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"Hey Brams" I greeted him in a bored tone. He scowled at me

"You really meant it when you said we might meet again" he said and I laughed bitterly

"Sneaking out of the reformatory?" he asked with an amused face.

"I already told that mean lady, I wanted to take my girlfriend on a date" Killian replied and I snorted at his lie.

"In Dalwhinnie, not even in Essex. How'd you get even here so fast?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"It was a perfect view. You know, us together and sharing a moment in the cave" Killian said and I glared at him

"Illegal sex?" he asked and my eyes widened.

"That'll be when we are 18" Killian winked

" Shut the fuck up" I hissed at him and he rolled his eyes. Brams stared at us suspiciously and rolled his eyes too

" I already called Professor Henkins. She's expecting the both of you back tomorrow" he said and I sighed I stared at my fingers sadly as tears threatened to spill.

"Do you have anybody else?" he asked me and I stared up at his concerned face.

"My mom but I don't know where she is." I told him

"There's a way out of this mess. You'll have to look for a family member that's willing to take care of the both of you" he said and hope filled my eyes.

"We'll try" I told him and he nodded

"You have 24 hours to do so. You will be followed but you won't know. And if after 24 hours and you haven't found anyone, you'll be sent back to the reformatory. You can leave" he explained and Killian and I stood up. I glanced at the table clock and saw it was 3: 52 AM. The streets will be lonely by now for sure.

We left the station, wandering into the streets and true to my imagination, it was lonely.

"Do you know where your mom lived before she got married?" Killian asked and I shook my head no.

"We could go to your old house to check if some important files were kept" he offered and I glared at him

"You burned it" I snapped, frustrated.

"Not the whole building. If we don't find any, we can check old records of Dalwhinnie's phone book. Deal?" he asked and I stared at him, still hurt.

"Deal" I whispered and he looked at me for a while and looked away.

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter
Read, comment and vote
I love you all 🖤🖤🖤🖤