Chapter 3

Dressed in the same clothes of yesterday, I combed my hair finally before leaving the house. I walked to the telephone booth and stepped in. I put in the coins in the coin collector and picked the telephone. I typed in her number and it rang.

"Hi it's McKenna. Leave a message," her voicemail spoke and I sighed, wiping the lone tear that fell from my eyes. I missed her so much.

"Seriously mom when are you gonna pick my calls? I fucking need you. I know you're listening to this. If you and dad had a fight, I'm cool with it just get me the hell out of here. I'm suffocating. I can't do it anymore. Dad has changed. I need you." I cried and dropped the telephone back. I had been doing this for the past nine years and she had never picked. I straightened myself and left the booth, making my way to school. I got to school and went straight to class since we had a few minutes before lessons began.

No one except Killian was in class and I ignored him and went to the backseat. The bell rang and students trooped in. I brought out my Math book and watched as Caroline tried to flirt with Killian. He stood up and came to seat next to me. She gasped and glared at me, giving me the middle finger. I rolled my eyes and the teacher came in.

Next was gym class. I left quickly to the girls' locker room and isolated myself. I stripped off my clothes and wore the school's P.E. A yellow shirt and short shorts which was red and yellow also.

I went to the field and stretched a little. The coach blew a whistle and the cheerleaders started to practice, Caroline not surprisingly the captain of the cheerleaders. I hated that stuff a lot. Instead, I had joined the girls racing team. I distanced myself from the girls and began to jog on my own since we had no practice today. The air blew my hair all over and I shivered due to the cold.

"Nice legs." I heard a whistle beside me and I turned to see the number one fuckboy in my class. Aaron.

He whistled again and started jogging next to me making me to increase my pace. My pace halted when a ball was kicked to my stomach and I groaned and crouched down in pain. Everyone stopped and all eyes were on me.

"Are you okay?" He asked but I didn't answer as I saw blood on my shirt. The stitch was open and it started to hurt again like the first time.

"Fuck." I whispered and held my shirt as blood poured through my hand.

"What the fuck is that?" He asked and I gritted my teeth.

"I don't know, some sort of red sauce sprayed on my shirt." I replied sarcastically in pain and groaned.

"What's going on?" Coach asked and I stood up fully, ignoring the excruciating pain.

"Holy shit." I heard someone gasp and tears filled my vision. I hated this, I hated attention. I hated pity.

"You should go to the school clinic," the coach told me but I shook my head no. Never. They would interrogate me and start to get suspicious. Then Jerry would get away with it and punish me more.

"I'm fine. It's just a scratch." I lied to him and he placed a hand on my shoulder. An image of Jerry holding my shoulder and punching me in the face appeared and I cringed in fright. Can't he just leave me alone! What the hell is he doing here, in my head?

"Don't fucking touch me. Leave me alone!" I screamed and he flinched and took his hand off. Tears brimmed my eyes at the embarrassment I caused myself.

"She's crazy!" Caroline hollered and everyone started to whisper things but I still saw Jerry smirking. That motherfucker.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed to no one in particular. What the hell was happening? Why was he here?

"Wrenly you need help," the coach suggested and I laughed inwardly. Help is for those who are weak. I'm not weak

"No." I shook my head and Jerry disappeared.

"I'll take her." Killian spoke and pulled me by my arm. Sparks erupted and the pain on my stomach reduced. How the fuck did he do that? I tried to pry his hand off but he held me tighter. I wanted so badly to remove his fingers but mine were bloody and perhaps, well maybe I loved his touch.

"I'll come with you. To show you where it is." Caroline offered and I bit my tongue to hold myself from saying something snarky. She had never even cared about my existence now she wanted to help? What was she up to?

"No thanks. I know where it is," he said and pulled me away from the gym.

"I wanna take my clothes." I managed to say and he released me. I expected my arm to hurt but it didn't. I went to the locker room and picked my clothes, dumping it in my bag and still wore the P.E.

"Please don't take me to the school clinic." I pleaded he raised an eyebrow at me.

"It's a small injury. I'll take care of it. I'm scared of those places. I just wanna go home." I lied and he clenched his jaw. please say yes.

"Fine you can go. I won't tell," he said and I nodded at him and flunged my bag over my shoulder and left. The school gates were open with no security guards. The best thing I loved about this school. I walked home slowly through the lonely routes and my heart sinked when I saw Jerry's car parked outside. I opened the door slowly and got in. I heard noises upstairs and flinched when I heard him scream my name. I stood at the door and he came downstairs. He looked surprised then really angry.

"You ditched school?" He asked coming closer and I pressed myself into the door.

"No. I got kicked in the stomach with a ball and the stitch opened." I explained and he looked down at my bloody shirt and smirked like he had won a trophy. His facial demeanor changed quickly and I bit my lower lip in nervousness.

"I found these in your room," he said and brought out all the money I had stolen from his pocket.

"I-I." I didn't know what to say as my lips trembled and tears fell from my eyes.

"I'm sorry." I whispered but he chuckled and came close to me.

"You naughty, naughty, naughty girl," he said holding my chin up to look at him as my breathing got raged.

"You've been stealing my money," he said and I shook my head as more hot fresh tears fell.

"Huh?" He asked and used his free hand to punch the open wound on my stomach. I screamed bloody murder as waves of pain hit me like a tsunami.

"It hurts huh?" He asked and I nodded vigorously and screamed out of my lungs, my vision blurred when he pierced his fingers into the cut. These were moments I wished we didn't live in a secluded area.

"Please." I begged in a voice barely above a whisper as my head spinned too and I couldn't feel the pain anymore.

"Dad." I called weakly looking into those cold hard eyes for any sympathy or emotion and my lips trembled in heart break when I found nothing.

"I'm not your father," he spat in his thick accent, "I can't father a lying stealing bitch," he said and my heart broke further.

"Please." I whispered and screamed at the top of my lungs, surprised at the energy as he added pressure and threw my dying body down to the wooden floor. I laid on there, not able to move or hear anything. Just numb pain. Pain I should have gotten used to by now.

Just then, the building began to shake and I managed to open my eyes. I saw a huge dragon. A frigging dragon in front of me. It released smoky breaths. It was dark green and was bat-winged. It had a scally skin and barbed tail. My eyes drew together and it whimpered and nudged me. That was enough to make me lose my mind and black out.

Hope you enjoyed this
Let the real fun begin!!!
Read, comment and vote.
I love you all🖤🖤🖤