Chapter 5

I gasped as I woke up drenched in sweat and hot tears. Phew. That was only a dream. A dream of the past. My hand automatically went to my arm, where the belt pin hooked in my skin and felt the ugly swollen scar. I wiped my tears and got down from the truck, looking for Killian.

I was seriously pee pressed and there was no sign of him anywhere. I sighed and went deep into the forest. I stopped in front of a rock not big or small and pulled my jean down to release.

I sighed in relief and stood up to adjust my jean only to hear a growl. I turned around in fright and panic and flinched when I saw a huge panther, saliva was dripping from its fangs.

"Holy shit." I whispered in fright and turned to run but my lazy ass tripped over a stone and I fell to my butt. I moved back slowly and it came towards me slowly, face in anger and slowly growling.

Suddenly it stopped and I swear I saw fear in its eyes as it whimpered. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and my eyes widened when a huge shadow loomed over me. The panther ran off and I slowly turned to face the dragon from yesterday. I screamed in fear so loud that it hurt my ears and ran away when it growled at me.

I ran back to the truck to see Killian only in his boxer short, sweating, and glaring at me. I crouched down to catch my breath for a few minutes.

"Whoa there put on a shirt." I exclaimed as I stood up and he rolled his eyes and wore his tank top.

"Where the fuck were you?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"I went deep into the forest to pee and saw a panther. Like a real fucking panther live in front of me and then it ran away because the freaking dragon I saw yesterday was at my back. It growled at me and I got shit scared. Didn't you hear the growl. I swear I saw it." I finished ranting and he pinched the bridge of his nose and got into the truck.

"You're fucking delusional Wrenly. I'll keep on saying it till it gets stuck into your dumb as fuck peasized brain, there is no freaking Dragon," he yelled and I gritted my teeth and got into the truck. My stomach growled at the sight of burger and chips and I grabbed the pack from him and munched on the meal. If he thinks I'm mental then so be it. I know I ain't telling lies.

"Well aren't you ladylike?" He asked sarcastically in disgust and I opened my mouth to give him a good comeback but he gagged when bits of food fell on my jean. I shrugged and continued eating, making noises purposely. We finished out breakfast and sat in silence. I watched as Killian brought out money from his bag and counted them.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked but he ignored me.

"Did you steal them?" I asked again and he still ignored me. I scoffed.

"Jerk face." I whispered and stared out of the window, thinking of how the hell I was gonna have a bath or at least brush my teeth.

"I need the money I picked up for you," he demanded and I looked at him cautiously.

"What do you need it for?" I asked grabbing my bag and clutching it close to my chest.

"Don't you need some things?" He asked in frustration and I mouthed an 'o' and gave him part of the money in my bag. If maybe he was a fraud, I'll still have some money left.

"That's not all of it," he said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm not giving you all of it." I told him and he rolled his eyes.

"What are the things you need, not want?" He asked and my cheeks reddened.

"3 underpants and two bras. A jean and few hoodies. A toothbrush and paste. A comb, hair oil and a sneaker." I listed and he nodded.

"I'll be back," he said and got out of the truck.

"Wait!" I yelled hoping he would hear me. He appeared by my window a second later and my heart skipped at how close he was. His presence was very hot and disturbing.

"I need err..." I trailed off thinking of how I was gonna say it.

"Say it," he groaned.

"Ineedtampons." I said quickly and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"I need tampons." I said and he face palmed himself and left. Well that was awkward.

Some hours later, I found myself dozing off until I heard heavy footsteps and flinched when Killian got into the car, threw a big black plastic bag into the backseat and drove into the forest really fast.

"What is going on?" I asked in fright. I saw angry veins on his temple when he ran his fingers through his green hair.

"The cops are after me," he said in a rush still driving and I frowned.

"This isn't some sort of Marvel's Runaways movie Killian. What the fuck is going on?" I raised my voice and he stepped on the brake, my head almost hitting the truck.

"All this is because of you mate. Ever since I met you my life sucked. I was better off alone," he yelled and punched the wheel.

"First of all I'm not your damn mate. You're prolly older than I am with a year or two. And you're a huge fucking dick." I growled in anger and he balled his fist in anger.

"You watch that dirty tongue of yours or I'll cut it off. The cops are in search of us. I don't know how they got to find out I saved your damn ass and set your dad on fire. Now we're fucking wanted. Your picture and mine is on billboards and TVs. What if we get caught? I don't wanna go to jail. Not when I'm not from this realm," he said and panted.

"Damn." I muttered as tears brimmed my eyes at the realization of the shit we got ourselves into.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked and he let out a shaky breath.

"We run. We continue to run until we get to a new town and start a new life," he said and I nodded, not sure.

"I heard we were also with arms and ammunitions and whoever finds us will be greatly rewarded," he said and I sighed.

"You said something about realm. What did you mean?" I asked curiously.

"It slipped off my mouth. I meant country," he said and I humfed.

"What country are you from?" I asked.

"Australia. I'm an illegal migrant," he replied calming a little. I was doing this to ease the tension and it was clearly working.

"Your mom?" I asked and hurt flashed his eyes before he became emotionless.

"She died on the day of my birth," he said and I felt sorry for him.

"Your dad?" I asked, the words choking on my throat. He clenched his jaw and turned on the car and drove off.

"I killed him."

He what?!!!!!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter
Read, Comment and Vote
I love you all🖤🖤🖤🖤