mummy diaries ⁽³/⁵⁾ ✎ 휴닝카이

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [ ✗ ]
𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [   ]

"literally everyone in my school have these

"literally everyone in my school have these."

kai bit his lip as he started at the trainers his daughter was begging him to buy.

"please dad!" the fifteen year old pleaded. "do you want me to be an outcast? a loser? unlikeable? lonely?"

"ask your mother," kai finally spoke. "i won't buy anything till i have her input."

eunseo grabbed the laptop and stormed into the kitchen.

you were currently in the middle of making lunch when eunseo placed her laptop on the counter.

"please can i have these for school? dad said i should ask you."

you stopped cutting fruit and looked at the laptop, eyes widening at the price of the trainers your daughter wanted.

"£190 for school shoes? no. tell your dad i said no."

eunseo pouted. "but i really like these! everyone in school has them!"

you pushed eunseo to the door with a spoon. "out, out."

eunseo stormed back into the living room startling kai who was playing with building blocks with his youngest child.

"she said no!" eunseo stomped her foot.

"then it's a no from me," kai said.

kai then turned to eunseo and sighed when he saw she was genuinely upset.

"eun?"

eunseo didn't say anything and stared at the floor.

kai stood up and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. she tried to wiggle out of his hold but he was too strong.

"you don't need to wear the same shoes as everyone else in your school to be liked. that just means the don't like you for you. miyeon and emily on the otherhand like you for just being you."

eunseo sighed when she realised her father was right. even though kai often asked for you input on pretty much everything he knew exactly what was best to say to his daughter.

"how about we go shopping for other shoes? shoes that aren't too expensive."

eunseo finally smiled and hugged her father. "thanks dad."

🏹

kai walked hand in hand with his eldest child into a clothing store. he ignored her protests and didn't let go of her hand.

"there's nothing wrong with holding your father's hand." you laughed.

"there is when you're my age," eunseo mumbled.

when eunseo saw the shoe section she let go of kai's hand and ran towards them.

kai looked at you and you just raised an eyebrow.

"these are the perfect pair!" eunseo was holding a pair of shoes. "can i have these?"

kai glanced at you and you shook your head.

"your mother said no so i say no."

eunseo pouted. "you don't have to always agree with mum."

"he has to." you flung your arm around his shoulder. "now go and find another pair or else you'll wear the ones at home."

kai picked his baby son out of his buggy and kissed his nose.

"you won't be difficult to shop for when you're older right?"

the baby drooled all over kai's mouth which made you laugh.

"dad!" eunseo yelled. "i can't find my size!"

kai sighed and placed his son on his hip. "father kai to the rescue!"