crush ✎ 휴닝카이

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [ ✗ ]
𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [     ]

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [ ✗ ] 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [     ]

"how about instead of staring at kai like he's a three course meal you go and talk to him."

you choked on your drink. "how could i possibly do that?"

"one, you stand up. two, you walk over to his table. three, you open your mouth and form words."

you rolled your eyes at your best friend.

beomgyu smiled and picked up his iced drink. he sipped it before grimacing at the taste. "why did i buy this? it just tastes like...cold coffee."

"isn't that what it is?" you questioned.

"it's latte y/n not a coffee."

you rolled your eyes yet again. "same thing."

in the corner of your eye you could see kai standing up and making his way to a vending machine.

he looked handsome as usual. he was dressed simpily. he was wearing a white top paired with blue denim shorts.

when kai got himself a drink from the machine he turned around and made his way to your table.

"no! he's coming over!" you hissed. "act natural!"

beomgyu grabbed a newspaper from another table. he flicked through the pages and pretended to be interested in what was in it.

"hey, guys."

"afternoon," beomgyu said, not looking up from his newspaper.

you swallowed ready to say hi back and in the silence your stomach betrays you and rumbles.

your face flushed because it was so loud. loud enough for kai to hear.

"seems like your sandwich wasn't enough, y/n." kai laughed, nodding at the empty sandwich packet.

this made you flush even more.

he waited for you to say something in return. for some reason you couldn't. you just stare at the boy mouth agape.

beomgyu sniggered.

"um...i'll be leaving then," kai said, shifting uncomfortably. "i'll see you two later?"

beomgyu nodded at kai before he left.

you slammed your head on the table in shame.

"you're an idiot." beomgyu slowly shook his head in disappointment. "i hope you know that."

"i know, i know," you mumbled. "i ruined my chances of taking to kai. he must think i'm weird."

"probably does."

you lifted your head up and stared at kai longily.

the bell went signifying the end of break.

"at lunch time meet me at the library. i want to try something." beomgyu stood up, quickly. "i'll be sat in my usual spot."

"okay." you nodded. "see you then."

╔═•ೋ° °ೋ•═╗
lunch time
13:20 pm
╚═•ೋ° °ೋ•═╝

you pushed the library door open and quietly walked in.

the librarian was a salty old woman. she yelled at you one time because you opened the door 'too loud' so you had to tread carefully.

you spotted beomgyu sat with another boy hunched over a book.

you couldn't recognise the boy so you just assumed it was beomgyu's close friend, soobin.

"hey beomgyu, hi soobin."

beomgyu furrowed his eyebrows. "soobin? where─this isn't soobin you idiot this is kai."

kai looked up from his book and smiled. "hello again, y/n."

you flushed. "h-hi kai. i'm sorry for confusing you with soobin."

"it's cool."

you grabbed a chair and from another table and put it in the middle of kai and beomgyu.

"y/n, we didn't really get to speak properly earlier." kai shut his book. "to think of it we never really talk to each other. why is it that whenever i happen to be in the same place as you you either leave or ignore me? "

beomgyu packed his things and got up and left. you nor kai didn't seem to notice that he was gone.

"i'm just a little...shy of you i guess." you shrugged. "when i'm around you i just feel a bit awkward."

kai smiled. "shy...of me? i should be the shy one! forget about you i mean...have you seen yourself, y/n?"

you blushed and looked away.

"don't avoid me, y/n. i really want to get to know you. if you want...maybe we hang out and see where it goes from there?"

"you mean like a date?" you asked.

kai beamed. "if that's what you want it to be then yes."

"i'd like that," you breathed out.

"then a date it is!"

note

thank you for requesting!
i hope this was okay!