you too shall go to the ball ⁽²/²⁾ ✎ 태현

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [ ✗ ]
𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [   ]

note

to clear up any confusion this au is a fusion of the modern world and elizabethan england.

you scrubbed the floor till your hand ached.

as much as you hated cleaning the homes of the gentry you had no other choice.

you originally had a job in the local work house but you were kicked out because you were being 'disrespectful' towards the work house owner.

it wasn't really your fault you were being rude to the owner. he was the one who was yelling at a little girl just because she folded the bed sheets inside out.

"you're not cleaning the floor to my standards, girl!" sameul, the home owner, snapped. "i have guests coming over for lunch. my kitchen needs to be pristine!"

"yes, mr kim," you muttered, scrubbing the floor even harder.

the brush was made out of wood so you hand was pretty much covered in splinters by the time samuel was satisfied with the kitchen floor and made you rearrange the entire sitting room.

all you wanted was to go home and rest with your grandmother but you had to work to keep you and her going.

your grandmother was no longer fit to work leaving you the only source of income which was very little.

while working yourself to the bone you found yourself remising the ball you attended a few nights ago.

you thought about taehyun and how devastated he was when you suddenly left.

you felt warm inside imagining his awfully attractive face and the way he held you.

"y/n!" sameul screamed.

"y-yes, mr kim?"

"stop daydreaming and work!"

when your long and tiresome day of work was finally finished samuel pressed a few coins in your hand and let you go.

your home was quite far from samuel since he lived up in the hills with the more wealthier people.

you were too poor to get in a carriage so you had to walk all the way home bare foot since some stupid children stole your shoes on the way to work.