my prince ✎ 연준 💗

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [  ✗ ]
𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [    ]

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [  ✗ ] 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [    ]

tw: none (i think??)

a/n: uhh should i make versions for the other chois? (read and then answer :D)

•• “you’re…so beautiful, choi yeonjun”

Your cousin had been invited to a masquerade ball in honor of her birthday. The festivities from her inauguration as queen had just cooled down but yet there she was, conducting a grand party in her favor. Who could blame her, though, it was her birthday and she was now queen of the land. She also happened to be at peace with every one of the neighboring kingdoms, and unlike your family, did not harbor generational grudges. That was relieving for her safety and the prosperity of her kingdom in the future.

Though, for you, it meant you had no idea who you may run into at that ball. Perhaps one of the Choi brothers? Perhaps not. Hopefully not. Not like it mattered, the only reason you were attending was for your sweet cousin after all.

———

You sat quietly as your maid fixed the last of your makeup, soft fingers tapping your skin and a gentle swiping of a lipstick across your lips to make you seem lovely. You smiled at the girl once she was finished, caught her timid gaze and thanked her. She bowed her head at the praise. You laughed quietly to yourself. You knew she had a bit of a crush on your sister, and she knew that you knew, meaning that she wished to be in your favor in order to get closer to your sister. You didn’t mind it.

You glanced at your reflection in the mirror, studying the natural blush look she’d done of your face. You touched a finger to your cheek then brushed it gently over your hair. “This is good work. I look…good.”

“You always look beautiful, princess.”

You grinned. “Save it for my sister.” You couldn’t help but laugh loudly as the maid turned red, tugging at the hem of her apron. You waved a hand at her. “Could you fetch my mask please?”

She nodded frantically and you observed her drag a hand over her flushed face as she ran off. You stood up, dragging your gown with you and adjusted the lace on your bodice. You wore deep purples and black with pearls for accents while your sister would wear blood red and black with moonstones for accents. Your hair was done simply, a few gems studded within, and there- your mask. You accepted it from the girl and sent her off to find your sister. The mask was of black lace, faint purple details at the edges and small pearls details around the eyes. You ran your fingers over it. "How lovely." Slipping it over your eyes, you tied the ribbon underneath your hair and slipped on the pair of black silk gloves that lay on your vanity. Sparing one last look at your reflection, you called for your personal guard.

———

The party passed slowly. You stood mostly off to the side. You'd made small talk with your cousin when you arrived, exchanging a delicate handshake and hug before you'd both dispersed. You did not crave the touch of a man on your waist so only watched as the couples spun around each other so elegantly.
You put down your empty champagne glass on ur empty tray of a waiter passing and tugged at your gloves impatiently. Your sister was god-knows-where, either romancing the kitchen staff or asking them for more food or both, so you remained on your own devices.