Chapter 25

Lloyd's p.o.v

I lead Ray, Maya, and Ronin to the hospital room Kai is staying in. The panic attack had hem gripped in such a way he had to be admitted. Coming to the room, Kai looks at me, a weak smile appearing. It grows stronger as his family walks in.

Kai opens his arms and I go over. He pulls me to hem, purring as he nuzzles my neck. "How you feeling." Ray asks. Kai takes a few breaths, fog appearing on the mask he wares.

"I'm okay. I'll get better, I did once, I will again." Kai says as a doctor comes in. "I'm gonna have to ask for non-blood family to leave. What I have is private." He says.

I straighten, turning to face the doctor. "I'm Kai's fiancée, don't believe me, ask my father and Echo Juilian. They were there." I say, ears and tail rigid.

Doctor holds his hand up "I believe ya son. Congrats by the way." I cock my head. "Kai here is what is own as a reproducing male. He's a male that's able to have kids. And you." He points to me. "Are a proud father now." Ray looks at me.

I turn back to Kai, he has a look now. Cradling his head, holding his hand, I kiss his forehead. "I'll be here always." Cupping his middle, Kai rests his hand over mine. "We are one." He says, lifting his head. I meet hem in a nuzzle.

"Now, with Kai's stress level so high, he needs to be monitored for a while. The high stress could send hem into an early labor, one that won't complicate the health of the twins." I jerk up, Maya snaps her head to the doctor.

"Yes, Kai's pregnant with twins, boy's to be exact." My legs feel weak, Ronin catches me as I sink. He sits me in the chair beside Kai. Kai rolls over, he reaches a hand out.

I lean forward, remove the mask and kiss Kai on the lips. I part sooner than I'd like to, replacing the mask. "I love you Kai. I can never say it enough." He sighs in content. Curling his arms at his head, Kai closes his eyes.

As his breathing deepens and slows, Ray pats my shoulder. "Your the best thing that's happened to hem. I'm proud to have you as a son." Ray said. Maya peaks my cheek "You got hem. We have to meet with Wu and Garmadon to talk about what to do next." She asks. I nod, settling in the chair.

The days pass, Kai has growing pains in his middle. The doctor isn't gonna let hem suffer so around noon on the sixth day, he comes in.

Kai maneuvers to lay on his back. I'm asked to leave and I reluctantly do. The gang is outside, dad and mom smile. "He's strong, Kai will be fine." Dad says. I nod, knowing he speaks truth.

Kai's p.o.v

The pain raking my body is nothing like I've known. Not even being burned compares. I grip the bed rails, a scream forcing past my lips. Bearing down to bring the little one into the world isn't less painless.

Arching my back, screaming to the heavens, a cry mingled with mine. Collapsing, a nurse is cleaning the eldest twin. Pain grips me again and the process is repeated.

Panting hard, eyes bearly open, I watch the nurses tend to the twins. Grunting, curling up, the doctor rests a hand on my belly. "There's a third, one more Kai, one more and your done." He says.

Screaming my voice horse, I bring the third and final baby into the world. Energy snapped, I sink into darkness as sleep takes me.

------------------

Comment on names please. The twins are boys and the third born is a girl.