Rise of the Spinjitzu Masters

Lloyd's p.o.v

Grunting as Dr.Juilian bandages my leg. I listen as the guys talk. Dr.Juilian helps me over. "Perhaps it's best to think of our friends as we remember them in our hearts, not as they are now." Zane says.

"But I don't remember my father any other way." I say. Nya looks to Ninjago. "Sensei, I don't understand. The prophecy said the Green Ninja would defeat the Dark Lord. Why didn't we win?" She says.

Uncle looks down. "I...don't know." He said. "Don't know? You're Sensei! You always know. You have a long white beard!" Jay says.

Nya throws a rock. "There must be some message to learn. A lesson. A word of wisdom. Just a word? Something." She said.

Wu shakes his head. "For once, I'm afraid there is nothing to learn. Only that evil has won." I turn away.

Hopping away from them, I begin speaking. "If Sensei doesn't have a lesson, then I do. I used to be nothing but trouble, but then I met you guys. You took me in. Showed me the importance of being brave, the importance of being strong.(I pat my chest) And most importantly, being good. (Placing my foot down, I groan).

"When this battle first began, when the First Spinjitzu Master fought the Overlord and his back was up against the wall and he knew it was all over, did he quit? No. He found a way to keep the fight going. He passed his Elemental Powers to us. Of all people, a bunch of kids.

"But there must have been a reason he chose us. I'd like to think it's because he knew we'd never back down, we'd never give up. We've learned the ancient ways of the ninja. And ninja never quit. And Kai's in Ninjago, fighting to protect it while we get there." I say.

The ninja smile and our spirits are lifted. We head for The Temple of Light and find grandfather's mech. The Ultra Dragon comes and we head for Ninjago.

Coming to it, purple clouds surround the city. We come to mine street, a few people are layed out on the ground. Cole cries out, running to a lady. He lifts her up, she looks at us.

"Kai and The Overlord went that way." She points at the huge building. We head there as a huge shockwave rangs out. Something silver is flung through the air, it heads for the asphalt but none of us can get it.

Just before it slams in the asphalt, fire wraps around it, slowing it's fall and gently setting it on the ground.

"I abused my son, I made a mistake. I don't want his forgiveness, I can't have it. But, I'll damn sure repay what I've done." A voice says. A man drops down, he crouches over Kai.

Nya and a woman gasp.

"Ray.....how....why....