Chapter 1

"To be the master of fire, you must become one. You have to bear the marks."

"Daddy please, you don't have to do this."

"Silence. Now, let's begin."

"Gaaahhhhhhhaaaahhhhhhh."

(Kai's p.o.v.)

Jolting awake, I pant heavily. Sweat rolling down my face, I wipe it off. Pulling the blanket off, I sigh as I see my legs.

Skin covering bones, I have no muscles in my legs. Pulling the wheelchair over, I lift myself into it. Rolling to the dresser, pulling out a shirt and pants, I roll to the bathroom.

Washing and getting dressed, I head for the kitchen. The shop has been quiet since Nya left to be the master of fire. Yep, my younger sister is an elemental master. And so am I. Of what, you ask. Nya took after hem, I took after mom.

Pulling out some eggs, bacon and grits, I make myself breakfast. Finishing, washing the dishes, I head to the forge. Lighting it, the fire brings back memories.

"The master of fire is to take the pain."

"I never asked for this. Daddy.....please. Gaaahhhhhhhh."

Shaking my head, I begin. The day goes fast. I miss Nya but, I know she's in good hands. She's living her dream. The post man stops by, he gives a letter. Opening it, several pictures are in.
Pulling them out, I look at them.

(Cut Kai out and place Nya in the fire Gi

(Cut Kai out and place Nya in the fire Gi.)

I smile as I read the notes. Nya is having fun, free of fear and bound to nothing. Putting the pictures on the board, I continue.

As night falls, I finish the orders Nya ask for in her letter. I wash the soot and grite off me, turning in for the night.

"You worthless shit."

"You'll never be good enough. Your nothing."

"Dad..ggaaaahhhhhhhh."

"Get off hem."

"Take hem away. He's going away for a long time."

"Your strong, big brother. You'll get through this."

"I....I'm free....."

----------------
Can anyone guess the voices to the lines. Four are in play, comment beside each who you think is the speaker.