Part 33

Four Months Later

Peyton stood in the backyard with Juice, looking up at the night sky. This was it, the night before their wedding and everything felt so right. Evander and Darcy were doing great, the twins were growing and doing great and her and Juice were happier than she ever thought was possible. She didn't think that there was anything that could make her happier than she was now almost a year later.

Juice stood in front of her and grabbed her hands and smiled down at her. 

"This time tomorrow night we'll be married," Juice said quietly, squeezing her hands gently, "I promise Peyton, this time I won't screw it up." 

"I won't let you leave me this time," Peyton whispered, looking into his eyes, "Clearly you can see that you and I weren't meant for anybody else. You and I were placed on this earth for each other. I love you so much Juice and I need you. The kids need you, actually, they need us." 

"I love you too baby girl," Juice replied, "You and the kids have made me happier than I ever thought possible and I promise that I won't be going anywhere this time." 

"Good," Peyton whispered before leaning in and kissing him softly.

The moment was perfect. It was dark, there wasn't a cloud in the sky and the stars were shining bright. After Juice left it would just be her, Tara and Lyla to enjoy the evening kid free. All the kids had been disbursed between Gemma and Nero and Joyce and Dave and Jax had little Sierra for the night. Early the next morning the plan was for Chibs, Tig and Happy to come out and pick up the girls on the bikes and take them out to the cabin to get ready and the guys would show up later. Peyton had a feeling that it was going to be a perfect day.

"Well, you girls be good tonight," Juice said after a moment, "I should get going and leave you guys to your shenanigans." 

Peyton raised her eyebrow at him and smiled devilishly. 

"If you only knew," she replied with a giggle. 

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do," Juice joked, knowing full well that Peyton wasn't that much of a risk taker. 

"You don't have to worry about that Juicey boy," Peyton replied flirtatiously. 

He leaned in and Peyton wrapped her arms around his neck to kiss him. 

"I can't wait for tomorrow," Peyton mumbled against his lips, "It's the only thing that matters." 

Juice smiled at her and kissed her on the nose before he snuck out the back gate.

Peyton waited until she heard his bike disappear down the road and then she slowly made her way over to the swing set and sat down. She gently pushed her legs off the ground and looked up at the sky and enjoyed the quiet. Her life hadn't been quiet for quite some time now and even though she enjoyed the hustle and bustle of a very full family life, she did enjoy when she had a couple quiet minutes to herself. She looked at the stars and she wondered if Bobby and Opie could see her from wherever they were and she smiled at the thought. 

"I love you guys," she whispered, "I miss you so much."

After several minutes Peyton quickly wiped away a few stray tears and then got up and made her way into the house. It was quiet, but you could tell that the place was bustling just a couple hours before. They had had a small rehearsal and then a huge BBQ at their place that night. Jax and Nero had been responsible for BBQing and Gemma and Joyce had made it their task to get all the salads, sides and deserts prepared. It was a great feast and a great party, but now Peyton was too tired to clean up.

"Don't worry about this," Lyla said, walking into the kitchen, "Tara and I will take care of it." 

"You guys don't have to do that," Peyton replied quietly, smiling at Lyla.