Part 18

One and a half Months Later

The last month and half since both her and Juice had been released from the hospital had flown by. Her and the kids were living with Chibs and that arrangement was really working out well. Evander and Darcy absolutely loved Uncle Chibs. The boys and Juice had been spending a lot of time together when Juice wasn't working and they were also spending a lot of time as a family. Peyton and Juice were also working on them. They had decided that they would start from the beginning again and start dating.

Peyton and Juice were still haunted by flashbacks and nightmares of that night, but they were slowly working through that. They were both seeing somebody to work through their feelings about that night and how they should go on with their lives. Peyton missed Bobby more than anything in the world and she would often find herself up at the cabin, one of Bobby's favorite spots, where they had buried him just to be alone with her thoughts and talk to Bobby.

Tig had gone to his sentencing hearing about four days after her and Juice were released from the hospital and they all went as a club and family to support him. The judge had been surprised that Justin, or James Berkley, had ever been released from the prison in Calgary at all. He had apologized for all the damage that had been done to their club and their family and was glad to see that those who had been hurt had made a full recovery physically. He expressed his sympathy for the emotional and mental damage that had been done. 

In the end the judge believed that Tig had acted in self defence to protect his family and his club. He gave Tig six years in Stockton with a chance of parole in 1 year. That was better than SAMCRO's lawyer had expected. Tig had been given an opportunity to get things in order and say goodbye to everyone and then he was taken away. They had been pretty good with granting him visitation and Peyton had been to see him once since he started his time.

Peyton hadn't found a job yet, but her doctor and her psychiatrist had decided that she should wait a few more months. She should just focus on living a calm life and learn how to be the mother that Evander and Darcy needed. She had loved this. She got to spend more time with her kids than she ever had before and she got to know them as they were now and not as they were before when they all lived with Justin.

Over the last week Peyton had found herself hunched over the toilet puking, regularly. Now here she was sitting on the toilet staring at an unused pregnancy test. She took a deep breath and took the disposable cup and peed into it. 

"It's now or never," she whispered to herself as she dipped the test into the cup. She held it there and waited the one minute like the instructions stated. That one minute felt like ten years to Peyton. Once she got to 60 she rested the test on some toilet paper and buried her head in her hands. She couldn't look, but she did know that if she was pregnant, it was guaranteed to be Juice's. Her and Justin hadn't had sex in over four months, so there was no way it was his.

Peyton stood up and pulled up her pants, but she still couldn't bring herself to look at the test. She sat on the side of the tub just as Chibs knocked on the door. 

"Love, how much longer ye gonna be?" he called through the door. 

"I'm done," Peyton said, not moving from her spot on the edge of the tub, "You can come in." 

The door opened and Chibs walked in. 

"What's wrong love?" he asked, looking over at her and then noticing the cup and the stick on the paper towel, "Oh... Should I leave?" 

"No, don't go," Peyton replied, looking up at him, "Please stay." 

"Have you looked yet?" he asked her.