Part 28

A few days later Peyton was sitting across from Tig and Happy and staring at her cards. Trying to play poker with those two was like trying to tell your four year old child that it was time to stop playing with the iPad. She was never going to win. She wasn't a horrible player, but compared to those two, she didn't stand a chance. She threw her cards in the middle. 

"I fold," she grumbled, "And I'm done playing. I've lost $150.00 to you thieves!"

Tig and Happy were laughing as Dr. Tara walked into the room. 

"You guys better be playing nice with Peyton," she stated, smiling at all of them as she picked up Tig's chart, "How you feeling big guy?" 

"Horrible," Tig lied with a big smile on his face, "I figure that the more I bullshit the longer you will keep me here at St. Thomas. What do you say Dr. Knowles?" 

"Tig, as much as I would love to keep you here, it's time for you to go back to Stockton," Tara replied, "I have spoken with the officer outside your room and told him how you are doing. By the sounds of it, you get discharged tomorrow morning." 

Tig rolled his eyes. "Damnit," he mumbled, "They should just release me. That bastard deserved to die."

He quickly looked over at Peyton. 

"I'm sorry sweetheart," he replied quietly, "I shouldn't have said that." 

"Don't apologize Tiggy," Peyton replied, "You just said what everyone has been thinking over the last six months. I'm not upset that you killed him, I'm upset that you were put away for killing him." 

Peyton stood up and leaned over Tig, kissing him gently on the forehead. Tig put his hand on her belly and looked up at her. 

"I just don't want to miss the big shit," he said, "When I killed him we didn't know that you were getting married or having babies." 

Peyton, Happy and Tara laughed at Tig's statement. 

"You're too much," Tara stated putting his chart down.

The entire club, Jax, Chibs, Quinn, Rat and Juice all walked into Tig's room and the rest of them fell silent. Jax's look was serious which made Peyton nervous.

"Is everything ok?" Peyton asked Jax. 

Juice walked up to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. She smiled at him and waited for Jax to respond. 

"Everything is fine," he replied, "I just got a call from one of guards on Tully's payroll." 

"What happened?" Tig asked looking up at Jax. 

"I guess Tully has spent the last two days righting some wrongs," Jax replied looking over at Tig, "Tully is now doing some serious time in solitary because of his extra-curricular activities. You are no longer being threatened so you head back to Stockton tomorrow morning." 

"Tara already informed me of that nice little tid bit," Tig stated. 

"Tully took care of the guy that was supposed to be watching you when you got stabbed," Jax stated, "And he also took care of Byron by having one of the guards poison his cigarettes, so Byron or the guys who hung around with Byron are no longer a threat to you."

"I'll let you guys talk," Peyton interrupted quickly, "I have to go pick up the boys from Gemma's. I'll come see you tonight before you head back tomorrow." 

Tig shot her a quick smile and she quickly kissed Juice on the cheek before leaving the hospital room with Tara.

"You ok?" Tara asked her once they were out in the hallway. Peyton looked at her.