Part 31

Jax had left the hospital a couple hours later when Juice came back with Evander and Darcy. Those two were so excited to meet their little brother and sister for the first time. It was hard not to smile during that moment. Jax kissed Peyton on the forehead and gave Juice a quick hug before he made a quick exit. This was their time as a whole family and he didn't want to intrude on that moment.

He had so much to do, but he couldn't bring himself to go home or go to the clubhouse at that moment. He slowly made his way to his bike and then pulled his phone out of his pocket. He quickly dialed a number and waited for someone to answer. 

"Hey man," Jax said, "Can you meet me out at the cabin?" 

"Sure," the person replied, "Is everything ok?" 

"Not really," Jax replied, "I just need to talk and Tara's at work until 9 tonight." 

"No problem," the person said, "I'll leave now. See you soon."

Jax tucked his phone back into his kutte, hopped on his bike and kick started it. He had made a promise to his best friend that he would talk out his shit and while it may not be with a shrink, it was with someone he trusted with his life.

*****

"Mr. Trager, good to see you this afternoon," Ally Lowen said, motioning for him to take a seat at the table. 

"Lowen," Tig said after he sat down, "You have been our lawyer for how long now? Call me Tig." 

"Sorry," Ally replied, smiling at him, "Tig... how have things been going here for you now that potential threats have been eliminated?" 

Tig laughed at that. 

"It's been months since Byron has been taken care of," Tig replied, "Things are quiet and quite boring. I understand that I have to do my time, but if you could spring me out of here soon, that would be fantastic."

Ally quickly took down some notes and then looked at him with a small smile. 

"That's actually why I am here," she replied, "I have gotten all the reports that I need from the guards here at Stockton and there are nothing but good reports. You have been on good behaviour the whole time, you have been cooperative and in my honest opinion, you don't deserve to be in here. But according to the Judge, who agrees that you did the right thing with respect to Mr. Justin Berkley, there can be no favoritism and you need to do some time." 

"That's peachy sweetheart," Tig replied, folding his hands on the table, "So how much longer do I have here in good ole' Stockton Prison?"

Ally grinned at him and pushed a piece of paper in front of him. 

"The judge thinks that your behaviour has been excellent," Ally replied, "He also believes that there was only one reason why you committed the murder and had it been under any other circumstances, you wouldn't have shot him. So, if you will sign at the x Tig, you are free to go." 

"Shut the fuck up," Tig exclaimed jumping up in excitement, "You mean I can go today?" 

"You can go today," Ally replied laughing at his response, "But I think someone wants to say goodbye first." Ally pointed behind him.

Tig turned around and saw Tully standing there. 

"I heard it through the grapevine," Tully said, slowly making his way towards Tig and Ally, "I figured you would probably bolt as soon as you got the news so I wanted to be close by to say goodbye." 

Tig walked up to him and hugged him quickly. 

"Thanks for the protection man," Tig replied, pulling away and shaking his hand, "I would've been dead if it weren't for you."