Part 20

About ten minutes after Peyton had said yes for the second time to the love of her life, the doorbell rang. She looked up at Juice and he smiled at her. 

"Our first guest," he exclaimed happily, "You should go answer it." 

Peyton raised her eyebrow at him and then took off down the hall and down the stairs.

She opened the front door and she was surprised for the third time that day. 

"Surprise!" everyone yelled when she opened the door. 

"What the hell?" Peyton said, looking in astonishment at all of her friends and family that were standing in her front yard. 

"Congratulations beautiful," Lyla said, standing at the front of the group, "I'm so happy for you and Juice. You guys deserve this so much." 

Peyton pulled her friend into her arms and hugged her tightly. 

"Lyla, thank you so much for helping out with decorating the house," Peyton said happily, "It's absolutely beautiful. It's the perfect place to start a home and raise a family." 

Lyla beamed at her and then let herself into the house.

She looked out and saw everyone important to her. Her mom and dad, Jax and Tara and Abel and Thomas, Chibs, Happy, Gemma, Nero, Rat, Quinn. She looked around and Chucky popped out of nowhere with Evander and Darcy hanging all over him. She laughed. 

"Come on in everybody," Peyton said, "Come see our new home."

Peyton stood outside as everyone filed inside and she stopped Nero before he went into the house. 

"Nero," Peyton said, "Thank you, for everything. For helping the club out when Justin kidnapped me. For the wonderful gift of helping us decorate our home. And really for just being a great addition to our family. I love you and I'm so thankful for you." 

"Peyton, even when you weren't here, you were one of the most talked about and cared about people," Nero said, looking down at her, "I felt like I knew you before I ever met you. I saw how important you were to the club and to Gemma and especially to Juice and I wanted to do my part to help get you back and I wanted to help you in whatever way I could. Gemma adores you and I can see why." 

He pulled Peyton into his arms and hugged her tight. She held onto him and buried her face in his sweater, praying that the tears wouldn't escape from her eyes.

Nero pulled away from her and looked down into her eyes. 

"Look, I know things have been rough for you over the last few years," Nero said quietly, resting his hands on her shoulder and smiling at her, "But look where you are now and look at everything you have. You have a few war wounds but I'd say you came out on top." 

Peyton laughed. 

"Thanks Nero," Peyton replied, "At this moment I really couldn't be any happier. I have everything I want and everything I need." 

He put his arm around her and led her into the house. 

"Let's join the party," Nero said happily.

Peyton walked into the kitchen where everyone was and noticed Juice and Jax outside with the boys. She stood at the window and watched as Darcy and Evander ran around on the grass and then tackled Juice to the ground. The boys looked so happy and so did Juice and this in turn, made Peyton happier than she ever thought she could be.

"It's a beautiful sight," Tara said quietly, standing behind Peyton. 

Peyton turned and looked at her best friend with a big smile on her face.