153 ~ anticipation

After another month of discussion and further month of testing, the second step of their IVF process came and went

After another month of discussion and further month of testing, the second step of their IVF process came and went. But by that, Roseanne meant it came and went by so slow and painfully, that she swore on the hormones that berated her that she would never speak ill of another menstrual cycle again. The testing, aside from endless trips back and forth from the clinic wasn't the worst of it though. It was the medications.

The many medications...

Ovarian stimulation was a process of which she read about many times, but going through it was a whole other matter. Some medications were oral, others... injections. Ones that brutally reminded her of her deeply hated truths. Where she was sucked back into that camper, feeling so worthless. The only difference was that Lisa was the one who administered them, talking to her so soothingly during it all.

The medications were supposed to boost her likeliness of a successful fertilization. Stimulate her ovaries to mass produce as many eggs as possible, but god the process was an incredibly difficult one to overcome. But she did, somehow. Magically, as Lisa even survived her worsened mood swings. Stress no longer the cause of them, but pure hormonal overload.

At least Lisa still called her sexy. She needed those esteem boosts during a time like this.

Since beginning stimulation, she dreaded the thought of having to go back to the clinic for the egg retrieval process. But now that she's experienced the intense hormonal imbalances, she didn't really care, and almost looked forward to it. Since it meant they were one step closer.

But now that she was wearing nothing but a loose white gown, seated within a sterile room where only Lisa's hand in hers brought her any comfort, she wasn't too sure if she looked forward to this anymore. Her knee bounced as Lisa ran a hand through her hair, and checked in with her.

"Not feeling too great?"

"I'm going to throw up."

Lisa smiled. "No, you're not."

"Yes, I am." She shot back.

"No, you feel fine. I promise." Lisa squeezed her hand. "You've read a lot about this right? Miss dramatic? So tell me, will it hurt?"

Roseanne's eyes bulged at the implication of pain, until she remembered all her of her readings. "The internet gods say no."

"Then you'll be fine babes."

She pouted as she rubbed Lisa's hand with her thumb. "Doesn't mean I'm not still scared though..."

Lisa frowned and grasped her head, bringing her forehead to her lips where she kissed her temple softly. "Just breath baby. It'll be painless, quick, and easy."

"They say I could cramp afterwards."

"Understandable, and nothing my girl hasn't handled before." Lisa smiled. "You're strong. You've got this."