101 ~ the long tests

(Chae pov)

(Chae pov)

Concentration.

The action or power of focusing one's attention or mental effort, something Chaeyoung was finding very hard to do.

Each new page she would finally make it to, would be littered with even more problems and questions.

Her eyes straining to focus on them. Her heart rate climbing and beating like she just ran a marathon.

When in reality... she was just scared.

Of failing.

A bell suddenly rang, startling her. She looked up to the teacher who was beginning to address them.

"Okay students, that was the lunch bell. Put your pencils in your booklets and close them. We will see you again after lunch."

Roseanne stood up and sighed. Walking slowly towards the door within the line of students.

Everyone whispering about how their tests were going when they technically shouldn't as they walked through the doors and headed their own separate directions.

Chaeyoung, just walking forward and stopping. Staring at the wall in front of her.

The feeling of a hand lacing with hers making her turn. Lisa, smiling softly at her before wrapping her in a hug.

"You okay?"

"Yeah..."

"Ready to eat?"

She nodded, whispering an "mhm" before they walked down the hall towards the lunchroom. Making their way through the pent up students that were finally able to expel their energy.

"Hey girlies." Jennie smiled as they took their usual seats across from her.

"Hey Jen, good mood?" Lisa spoke, still holding her hand under the table.

"Yeah, I think I'm doing pretty well. Not to mention, Jisoo doesn't sit too far from me."

"Hey, that's cool. Where is she by chance?"

"Getting us all food. Her treat."

"Awe really? Chu's the best!" Lisa exclaimed.

She just sat there looking down at the table. An ominous presence surrounding her. Sure, it was probably just in her head. But, even mental feelings are still feelings.

"Hey Chae? You okay?" Jennie's voice questioned.

Chaeyoung looked up, but before she could answer, even if wanted to, Jisoo had returned with the trays and was placing them gently on the table in front of them.

"Babe? How could you carry all that?" Jennie chuckled.

"You didn't see?!" Jisoo spoke. "I was balancing one on my head!"