117 ~ to start again

(Chae pov)

(Chae pov)

They were all sitting at the dinning room table, finishing up their meals when Ami received the ominous call.

She had looked immediately to Lisa when the woman's expression had changed while looking down at the caller iD.

Lisa's eyes had met hers and softened. But her girlfriend soon looked back to the woman who was speaking on the phone. Her face displaying nervous curiosity.

But she could sense it, in the way Ami played with the necklace chain around her neck. Or in the way Marco had tapped his foot on the ground.

The way he glanced her way with his eyes.

The date had been chosen.

"Okay, yes. I understand. No, it's not too late. Thank you for the call. We'll be there." Ami spoke, smiling a bit to them seeing them watching.

Her smile was small, and felt forced. But at least she was trying to remain positive and show them it was okay.

"Yes, that's fine. Mhm... thank you sir." Ami nodded. "You too. Keep well."

"Who was it momma?" Lisa immediately questioned while grabbing her hand and letting her long fingers slip between her shorter ones.

Fitting perfectly together and helping to calm her nerves.

"It was staff from the legal offices..." Momma Ami sighed and sat back down at the table. "The trail against Yang Hyun-suk will be held next week. They are emailing us the details."

"So we'll have to miss school? Within the first week back?"

"Yes, but you'll be excused for it. Of course." Ami replied with another forced smile to ease them. Before turning to Marco and seemingly explaining to him what happened on the phone in Thai.

She glanced over to Lisa and noticed the gloom in her eyes. Chaeyoung would be lying to herself if she said she wasn't a bit put off by the news they'd be missing school already too.

It was bound to strike interest in any students already curious on their lives and her state of being.

Dinner was practically over for her at this point. No use in trying to continue the evening when everyone's minds were busy in thought.

She decided a shower might help clear her head, since it was now starting to be over worried.

There had to be a way she could calm herself down without having to rely on Lisa. She relied on her too much and started to feel like some emotional burden.

She'd use that as fuel to find her inner... whatever. Happy place maybe? That's mentioned a lot in shows.

'Find your happy place'.

Lisa was hers. But she couldn't always find Lisa. And imagining her arms around her didn't always work in her favor.

As it only made her miss her.