Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

They turned as I stepped out of my room. Mr. Aizawa frowned as he must have seen the redness of my eyes, telltale signs that I felt like crying, "are you two being idiots again?" He sighed.

"H-huh?" I squeaked.

"If you two are having another, whatever the hell it was, clear it up now, you are NOT calling me ten times a day." He scowled at Dad.

I giggled as I realized he thought Dad and I had another misunderstanding. "No, we're okay."

Mr. Aizawa nodded, "alright." He shot another look at Dad, "I'm serious, don't call me ten times a day."

Dad nodded but didn't say anything, which made me think he was going to be sure to call Mr. Aizawa nine times a day, for whatever reason.

Mr. Aizawa frowned and I wondered if he had the same thought I did. He shook his head deciding it wasn't worth it and looked to the near to splitting bag in my hands, "do you need help with that?"

"It's not heavy." I reassured him with a smile.

"It's filled with plushies, isn't it?" He asked.

I felt my cheeks redden and nodded.

He chuckled.

I dropped my bag and gave Dad a big hug. He squeezed me back, tight. I felt some of the deeper puncture wounds on my back twinge with pain but I managed to keep a straight face. "I love you, Princess." He sounded like he was still on the verge of crying.

"I love you too, Dad." I tried my best not to cry knowing it would just create a domino effect and Mr. Aizawa would have to deal with both of us being a sobbing mess, and didn't want to put him through that. "Movie night on Friday?" I asked him hopefully.

He smiled, "I think a new pony movie just came out."

"Oh joy." Mr. Aizawa grumbled sarcastically.

"Are you coming to movie night too, Mr. Aizawa?" I asked him with a smile.

He groaned, "I'd literally rather do anything else but I can't say no to that." He picked up my bag for me, "let's go."

I gave Dad one last big hug before following Mr. Aizawa out to the car. He set my bag of plushies in the back seat before sliding into the driver's seat. He waited for me to get my seat belt on before we were on our way.

About a five-minute walk from the main campus there were several new buildings that had been constructed in a matter of days. I stared in awe at the new structures. It was amazing they'd gotten them done so quickly. I noticed all of my classmates were already waiting on the path leading up to one of the newly constructed buildings with '1A Alliance' written on the front. Mr. Aizawa parked the car in a small faculty parking lot not too far away and we walked the short distance to the building. My body was still a little stiff and sore from all the healing bite marks and puncture wounds.

Mr. Aizawa didn't say anything but I knew he'd slowed his pace so that I wouldn't jostle any of my healing wounds too much by trying to keep up with him. He offered to carry my bag for me but didn't fight me when I protested and said I could carry it. The walk should have only taken us a minute or two but due to my slowed pace, it took us five minutes, though Mr. Aizawa didn't seem to mind.

"Amy!" All the girls squealed once we were in sight, my body reflexively tensed and I saw a brief flash of the horrifying white Nomu lunging at me with its teeth bared in my mind's eye.