The masquerade part 3 "Jordan is not my boyfriend"

The stranger had his hand firmly around my waist and he guided me along the ballroom floor. I flinched at the touch. People have held me like this before. I knew it wasn't his intention to make me uncomfortable but I was still nervous as he pulled me closer. His mask hid most of his features but his voice - I recognised that. I don't know who he is but I want to find out. There was more than one way to do that, but I've never been one of elaborate schemes, that was more Jordan.

"Who are you?" I asked tilting my head up to face him.
"Milady, all in good time, the dance just started". His face shifted slightly which indicated he winked at me.
"I'd like to know who I'm dancing with"

The stranger shook his head with amusement.

"You're very curious aren't you?, it's cute"
I let go of his hands. Something about this felt wrong. He stayed put, giving me space. "You don't have to dance with me you know, but I'd still like to". I looked at his outstretched hand then back at him. Reluctantly, I grabbed his hand.

I just wanted answers. This doesn't mean anything.

-

Musketeers POV

Jordan tapped his foot impatiently. He scowled as he watched Naomi dance with another gang member. Declan mimicked his movements. Bennett was still dancing with Willow, the short blonde they had met earlier. "I can't believe you let Naomi go with him" Declan sneered at Jordan.

"I'm not in charge of her Declan - she's her own person we can't always be there to protect her" Jordan stammered out, eyes fixated on Naomi.

Declan smacked Jordan's shoulder "I know that but Jordan this is dangerous, this isn't a normal party".

Suddenly the music changed and people started dancing in groups.

Jordan slowly turned to Declan. "I can think of a way to get closer to Naomi". Declan swivelled you face Jordan. "No. Whatever it is I know it's going to be bad"

Jordan smiled.

-

Naomi POV

From a distance I saw Jordan and Declan dancing together. Declan's hand around Jordan's waist and Jordan's hands linked around Declan's neck. Suddenly, Declan twirled Jordan around but failed to catch him and Jordan ended up sprawled on the floor. He lifted a hand "I'm ok"

I shook my head and smiled at their sheepish expressions. Declan and Jordan made their way into our small group that was dancing and the stranger looked over his shoulder at the two then back at me. I grinned as wide as humanly possible.

"Hey Declan, spin your boyfriend around again"

Declan immediately pushed Jordan away where he, once again, landed on his butt.

"Jordan is not my boyfriend!" Declan exclaimed as a few heads turned.

"Stop denying our love!" Jordan cried lifting a hand to his forehead. "je t'aime Declan"

I sniggered at Jordan butchering that french accent. Declan looked at Jordan a took a moment to try and understand what he said. I thought I'd put him out of his misery, but before I could say something Declan opened his mouth. "That's means I love you doesn't it?" He sighed. I wondered how many times Jordan had said that phrase before.

I looked back to the stranger, he didn't seem fazed by Declan and Jordan at all. "Are you-"

There was a loud gasp as the music halted. I spun around to see what had made the sound. One of the boys from The Mayhem Wasps was clutching his side. Blood was spilled. Something seemed to cause all three boys to wear a painful expression as they all walked towards him.

Then I realised. They were our allies. Someone spilt blood. We were at war.

Bennett was the first to arrive at the boy bleeding to death on the ballroom floor. I started running. I screamed at someone to call an ambulance but no one moved. I saw some other boys running after the guy who supposedly stabbed him. Declan turned to me. He gripped me by the shoulders as I threaded against him. He wrapped his arms around me as I sobbed into his chest.

Declan nodded, likely at Bennett's command. "I have to go Naomi" he whispered gently. By now chaos had erupted but I still stood in Declan's grip holding on tighter. Someone had died, guaranteeing more will follow. Declan pried my hands off him and ran out of the ballroom, I don't know what he was doing, perhaps he was chasing the culprit.

Jordan's hand gripped onto mine. "What do you want to do now?" He asked looking down at me.

"I don't know".

I let my head rest on Jordan's shoulder. He was still here.

I looked at Bennett from across the ball, his gaze drifted from the boys long enough to catch my glance. He opened his mouth as if to say something but nothing came out. He just stared at Jordan and looked back down to the boy desperately trying to keep him alive for as long as he could. I could tell it wasn't working. He lost too much blood to make a full recovery like this. I dragged the back of my hand across my eyes. Jordan noticed and wrapped me into his arms. He gently pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"I'm sorry you had to see that Naomi" he whispered.

For the first time in my life, I was at a loss for words.

There was a loud bang from the top of the staircase.  A gunshot. The guy from earlier who picked a fight with declan and Jordan stood at the top of the staircase with a gun in his hand.

Suddenly the stranger was there. He grabbed onto his friend's arm and yelled something at him. "Not here". I couldn't help but think this was planned, that maybe my appearance had interfered as the stranger looked directly at me. 

Jordan started pulling me away. He yanked off his mask and I did the same as we ran from the ballroom. We almost made it to the nearby woods when I stopped running. "What about the other?!" I cried.

"Naomi, I just need to make sure your safe" Jordan said.

"Bennett, Declan..." I started walking backwards.

"Naomi you stay here ok? Don't move" Jordan pulled out his phone and opened up the tracer app

"Jordan, I can go with you. I'm not entirely defenceless" I said. I was shaking but my friends were there.

"Naomi-" Jordan started. I grabbed his hand.

"We're in this together. All of us".

A/N I did not know this would have so many parts aha. I hope you enjoyed and sorry for the wait!

- Neerac12