New year's eve

We are all at the base, nothing new. There is a slight tension in the air although, I'm not quite sure what's causing it - a lot happened on new year's eve. None of us is talking we're all just sitting in silence waiting for someone to speak yet it never came. I balled my hands into fists and stood up.

"Fine! If none of you wants to say anything then I will!" I shouted at them causing them to jump

"Naomi-" Bennett started but I cut him off.

"That party was insane. What happened after was even more insane. I want to believe you guys but I don't know what to believe anymore" I tried holding them back but tears started spurting out of my eyes and I couldn't control them.

"We didn't mean to hurt you, but you hurt us pretty badly too" Jordan interrupted suddenly standing up. I looked at him, his eyes glistening. I know I hurt him worse than the others, I swear I didn't mean to. He scratched at his bruised arm but he tried to hide it and that's when it hit me. they didn't want me to see their weaknesses he did what he did last night to appear strong.

"I think we need to take a step back and look at what happened that night" Declan advised. We all silently agreed with him as Jordan and I sat back down.

New year's eve

"Which looks better to you?" Jordan asked stuffing two outfits under my nose. I studied the two trying to make a decision. "Well, what's the difference?" I asked

"Oh. come. on. dah-ling, I thought you knew better" Jordan threw the two outfits onto a stool and waved his arms in the air trying to make a point.

"What exactly is the point you're trying to make?" Asked Declan looking at Jordan "You look like an ape that is learning how to dance". Although if I were being honest, looking at Jordan flap his arms around I can see Declan's point. "At least I can dance" Jordan smirked busting out a few moves. His arm hit a clothes rack and it toppled over leaving Jordan scared out of his wits. Bennett spun over to us and started sarcastically mocking Jordan "Jordan could you try harder to throw us out faster? You could try to beat your all-time record of 5 minutes"

I helped him pick all the clothes back up and placed carefully onto the rack under the supervision of one of the employees at the shop.

-

You could smell the beer from the other side of the road and you could hear the music from your car as you pass that road. So you know, an average high school party. Sweaty bodies, loud music and an array of flashing lights hit me as we entered the house.

"Hey, Naomi! Looking fresh" A drunk guy slurred as he tripped down the stairs

"Watch it!" Yelled Declan waving his fist.

"Naomi stick with us I don't want you going too far away from either one of us," Bennett said matter of fact.
"I don't see why I can't be in my own, things have changed Bennett, I'll be fine - I can protect myself" I answered annoyed that I'm getting my freedom taken away from me.
"No, we made that mistake before. Naomi you're not to be more than 2 metres away from one of us. As long as you're in our sight, you should be fine" Bennett deadpanned

"What? That's not ok, I have rights too y'know" I countered

"As Bennett said it's simply too dangerous"