The masquerade part 2 "like the ones from teenage mutant ninja turtles"

"Declan it's almost as if this place was made for you" laughed Jordan pointing at all the fancy dresses in the rooms. Jordan walked in front of us.
"Jordan you forgot something" Declan said
As Jordan turned around to face him Declan held up his middle finger.

" ha ha very funny" Jordan mocked rolling up his sleeves. Bennett punched both of them on the shoulder "stop" he said. Declan and Jordan both rubbed their shoulders while eyeing Bennett.

"We should greet some of the other guests, I'll go with Naomi and you two try not to kill each other" Bennett said linking arms with me.

"How long do you think it'll take until they're either making out or dead?" I laughed as Declan and Jordan kept shoving each other as they walked. "As if they haven't done that already" smirked Bennett.

There were crowds of people mingling around a large staircase. "The leader of the Mandelbaum gang isn't around which probably means she's going to have some sort of grand entrance over there" Bennett nodded to the stairs. "I'll get us both a drink, just wait here" Bennett instructed as he began to make his way through the crowds. I'll looked over my shoulder to where Jordan and Declan should be but instead of them talking to a group of boys they seemed to be threatening them. I started walking in their direction when Bennett suddenly grabbed my shoulder. "They know what they're doing and it's better if we don't intervene". I looked up at Bennett. At how calm he looked and I couldn't understand how. This place, despite its elegant disguise, was dangerous. How could we stand by when Jordan and Declan could be in trouble?

I sighed. I knew I should trust Bennett, but it just wasn't right. One of the taller boys has dark messy hair and was looming over Declan and Jordan. Suddenly he shoved Declan and Jordan shoved him back. Suddenly one of the other boys they were talking to stood in the centre and shook his head at both parties. I shook myself from Bennett's grip and made my way through the crowds to Jordan and Declan. I couldn't see their faces from the masks but I seemed to recognise the boy who stood in the centre. I stopped short as he looked me up and down. There was something about him I just couldn't get over. Jordan immediately went to my side as Declan stood as a buffer between us and the other gang.

"C'mon boys, let's go" the one who stood in the centre started pushing the rest of his crew out of the way. His voice sounded so familiar but I couldn't quite remember where I heard it before. Jordan turned to me "Where's Bennett, he was supposed to look after you" I could barely see Jordan's eyes through his mask. He was wearing one of those masks 'like the ones from teenage mutant ninja turtles' as he put it. I had argued that it made more sense that it was like the ones from the three musketeers but he waved that off and said that the teenage mutant ninja turtles were better because there were four of them.

"I'm fine" I reassured Jordan. "Are you and Declan ok?" I asked. Declan merely nodded. He was still watching the group of boys in the distance.

Suddenly the orchestra began playing loudly and all eyes were averted to the top of the grand staircase, but at the woman who stood at the top. Her dress could have been the wedding dress of a princess by the look of it. All three guys were at my side as we looked up at the woman. It seemed we were waiting for her to speak.

Then she did.

Her voice sounded elegant but lethal. She sounded like royalty and looked like it too. She welcomed her guests and told everyone to enjoy the party. Suddenly it clicked that the reason for this party was the Mandelbaum's anniversary. "Isabel hasn't met you yet so we'll need to introduce you" Bennett said. I looked at him dumbfounded. "Isabel?".

Jordan snickered. "I think Bent forgot to tell you that Isabel is a family friend of his, more than that they went to the same private school, yknow, 'Rich and privileged private school'" Joked Jordan. Bennett nudged him in the shoulder and he scowled. Rolling his eyes, Declan grabbed some food off a plate one of the  caterers.

The crowd parted to make way for Isabel as she defended the stairs. The guests continued to enjoy the party. The guys walked protectively around me as we made our way to Isabel. She looked at me first and smiled. "Hello boys" she said by way of greeting, not taking her eyes off me. Bennett reached out to kiss her hand and she extracted it before Jordan had a chance to.

"Who's this?" She asked although I was sure she already knew. "I'm Naomi, nice to meet you" I said extending my hand out to her. She nodded and dismissed my hand. I awkwardly pulled it to my side as I glanced at the other three guys they just shrugged their shoulders. Isabel had her blonde hair in a tight bun, it looked like she could have been a ballerina, she had the grace for it too. Isabel tapped her chin and looked at me. Cool and calculating. She was slightly like Bennett in a way. I wonder if she too rejected her rich life for this one.

"I think we'll get along very well" she said giving me a warm smile. Just like that her demeanour changed from cool and calculating to warm and friendly. Suddenly a shorter girl with the same coloured hair as Isabel ran up to her. She had flowers in her hair and a grin which spread from ear to ear. "Izzy, some of the girls were wondering when the dance would begin" she said in a gentle yet eager voice. Isabel turned her attention from us to the smaller girl. "Sorry, this is my younger sister, Willow" she glanced back at us. Willow seemed around our age perhaps in the grade bellow. Isabel roller her eyes at her younger sister "no doubt you're only asking because the girls say you can go back to the library if you ask, am I right?". Willow hesitated for a moment. "Please Izzy, I spent all day making preparations, I don't mean to be anti-social I just-"
"I'll tell the orchestra to begin in a minute, but you can't go back to the library you need to entertain out guests" Isabel interrupted. The glimmer went out of Willow's eyes slightly. "Oh" was all she said before nodding her head and smiling at the four of us.

"I'm extremely sorry, that was really rude of us, would you all like to dance?" Isabel asked gesturing towards the dance floor.

"Of course" Bennett smiled. He reached towards me but before he could do anything, Isabel spoke "Willow, why don't you dance with Bennett, I have some people to talk to"

Willow grinned at Bennett. He hooked his arm with hers and walked off. I couldn't help wondering if he knew her too, before me. Suddenly the music was playing all around us. Declan started at the empty drink in my hand. "I'll go get the three of us something to drink" he said making his way to the buffet.

"Guess that leaves the two of us" Jordan smirked extending his hand. But before I could do anything, someone tapped me on the back. I turned around to face the same boy that had stepped in between us before. "Care for a dance?" He said. I knew that I shouldn't have agreed but there was something about him that I hadn't quite figured out and I was reluctant to turn away this opportunity.

I placed my hand on his and pulled me into the dance floor.

A/N Hi, sorry for the late update, hope you enjoy... soon to be a part three!

- Neerac12