Decomi

There is this new girl, Reilly. She was bullied just like me and the guys turned their attention to her. When we first saw her, the guys were reluctant to help her out but I persuaded them too. I was an idiot. Soon enough she took my place, she was their fourth musketeer while I faded into the background. I didn't believe the guys would do this to me. I never even questioned this possibility but here we are. Reilly tried to include me, she was the nice one, and that's what ticked me off. The girl who replaced me was being so sweet to me. After a while, I decided enough is enough, for one day I decided to not sit with them at lunch if they noticed then I would join them the next day, but if they didn't then I realised that they didn't want me anymore.

That's when I became the victim again. It was boring and painful. Suddenly my life filled with laughter became what it used to be before the guys came into my life. The odd thing was, this time they were happy with Reilly. They didn't even bat an eye when I was shoved, pushed or tripped.

A week soon passed by and I bumped into Bennett. He looked so surprised at me that I wasn't sure if he even remembered me. "Hi Naomi, I haven't seen you around"

"Hey" I replied. I waited for him to say something but instead, he just shrugged

"I have to go now, I hope you're doing ok, bye"

He quickly rushed off but I ran ahead of him. "Not so fast, Bennett it's like you don't even remember me. I used to be your fourth musketeer, why did you guys blank me for so long. Everyone is saying that you don't care about me and I'm starting to believe them. I mean Raymond believes them, he's already started-"

"I'm sorry Naomi but I really have to go, Reilly's waiting for me and I  don't want to make her late"

I groaned in annoyance. And that's when I saw Declan.

"Hey, Naomi!"

I smiled at least he seemed happy to see me.

"Declan, it's good to see your face"

"You know, I'm really glad you introduced Reilly into our group, she's actually really cool"

My smile faded.

"That's great" I put back in a smile again but this time faker.

"You don't seem well, did you know that not sleeping enough affects how productive you are the next day? Reilly taught me that. She's really clever"

"She sounds like an amazing person"

"I know! I'll see you around" Declan waved goodbye as I watched him walk away.

Now, It's about time I bump into Jordan...

Ah yes,  there his is right on cue.

"Jordan" I waved

He looked at me and paused. Then I realised he was working out who I was. He didn't recognise me. He told me that he'd always recognise me. My eyes were stinging, what's happening. I think I'm just slightly emotional, I mean hearing Declan say all these great things about Reilly really stung but then having Jordan not even recognise me? That hurts.

Instead of starting a conversation I just walked away. The only person that was excited to see me was Declan and all he had to say were great things about Reilly.

I walked away head down which was a terrible idea because I walked straight into Raymond.

-

Wiping my eyes he stared at me. Declan stood in front of me perfectly still.

"you're safe with me" he pulled me into a hug.

The next thing I knew he was helping me home and by helping I mean carrying. You see I got beaten up, it was my fault I know that I just don't understand why Declan is being so good to me. He should be lecturing me on what to do. Not, this.

He walked me into the house making sure that I was gently let down onto the sofa. I wasn't that badly hurt, I didn't understand why he's paying such close attention to me.

I feel safe lying next to him, I don't want to be left alone again because last time that happened this happened to me. When he got up to leave I grabbed his sleeve.

"Declan, could you stay?" He blinked at me eyes wide "at least until my parents get home"

He nodded slowly before sitting down on the floor next to me.

We talked for a while until there was nothing left to talk about. We just lay next to each other enjoying the presence of each other. Then I broke the silence.

"Why were you the only one that came to help me?" I asked quietly with tears in my eyes. I was thankful for Declan but I couldn't help but think the other guys didn't like me anymore. They had Reilly so why should they? I guess I'm just glad it's Declan. He would always think about me, and that's why I think he's a great friend.

"The others are kind of busy I think" he replied nervously.

"They were too busy to help me when I was bleeding on the ground. What were they doing? Praising Reilly?" I whispered turning on my side making me wince in pain.

"Naomi, the others still care about you, it's just maybe if you'd get to know Reilly you'd understand, you guys are very similar you know"

I realised what this was. Their puppy (Aka me) has grown up so they abandoned the dog and bought another puppy (with Bennett's credit card of course).

"Please leave" I whispered hardly loud enough for him to hear. I was trying to fight back my tears.

"But Naomi your parents"

"I asked if you could leave" this time I was slightly louder

"Naomi you can hardly move in this state"

"Declan. Please leave" I said

He groaned in annoyance.

"I'm not going to leave you here like this. I'm going to stay with you until your parents get home"

He took my hand and squeezed it tightly. "I'm not abandoning you this time, Naomi trust me. You are amazing and beautiful, and smart and you don't deserve to be treated like this, now would you like some food?"

I smiled. "Yes please"