Finding Declan

Quick PSA: I haven't returned to post on a schedule and quite honestly forgot about Wattpad for a long time, but in a moment of weakness... I'm back, enjoy :)

The stone skimmed the glistening water in the low-lit lake. A twin of the first stone spun through the air and plonked into the ripples. "God's sake" Jordan muttered as he scavenged the ground for another stone to throw. I exhaled sharply through my nose as he tried again. "Gah!" He yelled, plopping down onto the grass next to me.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Nothing" he responded, rubbing his eyes with the backs of his hands. He glanced at me sideways, "I'm alright," he added in a reassuring tone.
"Do you think he's ok?" I asked holding my knees to my chest. Jordan looked into the distance for a moment before turning his head to me, "I think it's gonna be ok, It's Declan, if anyone can do this, it's him". Jordan nodded slightly to himself, he chewed on the inside of his cheeks.
"I can't believe they left us here" I mumbled into my arms, "I hate this feeling".
"Heh" Jordan sighed, "it doesn't get any easier, trust me".
I sighed. I need them to be ok.

Suddenly Jordan jolted upwards. "What?!" I demanded.
"Do you hear that?" He said in a low tone.
"Hear what?"
Jordan pressed his finger to his lips. I quietened down.

Fear danced in Jordan's eyes as he grabbed my arm and pulled me behind a bush. He breathing quickened and I tensed, waiting for whatever scared Jordan to jump out. Then I heard a familiar voice. My mouth dropped open slightly, "Bennett!" I called out. Jordan grabbed my arm and pulled me back, "what are you doing?!" He hissed.
"It's Bennett" I said pulling away from his grip. Jordan peered out behind the bush.
"Hang on... I think he's with someone" he whispered. I followed Jordan's gaze. He was talking with a man in a suit.
"He's leaving" I said pointing at the man.
Jordan crept out of his hiding place, and I found myself in his tow. Bennett raised an eyebrow as he looked at the two of us. "Hiding something from me, you two?" He snickered. I held my hands out in protest but I couldn't help smiling. I felt my legs moving before I even managed to comprehend what was happening. I ran at full throttle into Bennett's arms, holding him as tightly as I could.
"I missed you" he said whispering into my hair.

"Declan" Jordan said now standing next to us, "is he ok?". Bennett's smile faded and his features turned neutral.
"I haven't seen him in days" Bennett replied.
"Then where the hell is he?!" Jordan yelled, "This whole mission means nothing if he doesn't come back".
"I know" Bennett replied, coolly. I stepped back slightly, "Is there no way at all to contact him?" I asked the two of them. They held each other's gazes, both reluctantly turning to me.
"No" Bennett said.
"There has to be some way-"
"He doesn't have anything on him" Bennett said curtly. Jordan and I remained silent.

"Then let's go find him" I finally spoke up.
"Naomi-"
"What?" I snapped, "he's out there somewhere and he's been gone for days, we can't just abandon him".
"I can't let you go" Bennett said.
"Why not?" I asked, folding my arms.
"You'll get hurt and I can't let you get hurt Naomi" he said slightly softer.
"Who says I'm going to get hurt?! You've never even let me go on a mission before who says I'm going to be so useless-"
"You're not useless" Jordan interrupted. "Bennett's just saying that these things are dangerous".
Bennett glanced at Jordan before nodding slightly, "You should go home" he said.
"What about you two? What are we doing to do about Declan?" Jordan protested.
"We can talk in the morning-"
"What if we don't have time to wait for the morning? What if Declan doesn't have the time?" I argued, "we have to do something".

Jordan pushed his hands further into his jacket pockets, "We don't know where he is, just that he took a plane to England four days ago and we haven't heard from him since".
Bennett opened his mouth, but closed it quickly.
"You know something don't you?" I asked.
"I might have someone who can find something out for us, but I don't even know if I can trust him... what do you two say to a trip to England?" Bennett asked looking between Jordan and I.
"If it means finding Declan? I'll get on a plane right now" I responded.
"I'd get on the same plane" Jordan said nodding vigorously.
"Well then, let's take a trip"

~

"Where the hell are we?" Jordan asked, he squinted, trying to read a sign, "where is," he paused, mustering up his energy to form a terrible English accent, "Lowfield Heath?".
I cringed internally but smiled anyway, the grey clouds were moving slowly across the sky and I leaned out the window of our taxi cab. "It's a town" Bennett finally replied.
"Where are we going?" Jordan asked, "are we in London?" He said, suddenly excited. Bennett rolled his eyes.
"We're in the south, it'll be dangerous for me to be in London right now so we're going to a family home near the sea".
"A family home? Do any family live there or is this just another one of your many 'other' homes?" Jordan said, raising his eyebrows.
"There's some old friends living there at the moment"
"Old friends?" I asked.
"I called ahead so they should be expecting us... you'll like them" Bennett said turning to me.
"Will they help us find Declan?" Jordan piped up suddenly munching on some walkers crisps.
"Hopefully" Bennett murmured. He played with the silver ring on his finger. I sighed.
"We're gonna find him" I said, half trying to reassure myself.
"For now at least, I suggest you two try and get some rest in before we get to the house" Bennett spoke. I nodded and clocked out before I could hear Jordan spew some chain of witty comebacks as Bennett tried to convince him to follow in my example.

~

The manor house seemed to stretch far back into the moors, strangled by the vines of Mother Nature and left trapped in greenery. The vines suffocated the bare bricks. I let my mouth hang open as the cab drove through the driveway slowly, so as to let it's inhabitants take in their surroundings. I careened my head so that it was pressed against the window. There was a boy sat on the brick wall by the front steps, he had his hands dig deep into the pockets of his black puffer jacket despite the warm sun beating down on him. I retracted my head as we came closer. Glancing towards Bennett, I glimpsed the expression on his face. He looked so at home. The cab finally came to a stop directly in front of the wide steps. The cab door was pushed aside as Bennett moved quickly towards the boy, both of them with large smiles plastered on their faces.

"Aiden" Bennett said embracing the boy. He looked to be about the same age as us with dark curly hair and tan skin. "Ben" the boy said back clapping Bennett on the back. "It's been a while" he said, finally pulling back. Jordan and I slid out of the cab and waited for Bennett to address us.
"How is everyone?" Bennett asked, almost eagerly. I felt taken aback, I remembered that he said these were his friends but he seems to have lost his poker face. I liked that about him.

Aiden scratched the back of his head, briefly looking back into the manor. "Tommy and Kiera are inside, Wyatt's out looking for your guy". Bennett nodded.
"Now, A, if I go in there, will I find a wreck or a poor attempt at cleaning the place?" Bennett asked smiling.
Aiden seemed to pause and think about his answer before smiling back, "I'm hoping for a poor attempt benny boy" he said, slinging an arm around Bennett. They began walking up the stairs before Aiden stopped and nodded back to Jordan and I, "you gonna introduce us?" He asked.
Bennett seemed almost surprised as he turned around and motioned to the cab driver that he could take the bags inside. He walked over to me and smiled an apology.
"This is Naomi and that's Jordan, Naomi, Jordan, this is Aiden Kipper", he looked sideways at Aiden, "my friend".
Aiden held a boyish grin as he extended his hand to me, "Hello, Naomi".

Authors note: im not up to date with tggbb yet so this is probably very reminiscent of the earlier chapters lol
Also this is gonna have to be a part 1 so look forward to another moment of weakness when I sweat out the next part of the storyline :)