144 ~ the healing return

Start from the beginning

Lisa smiled to her manager as she accepted her bags from him and the driver. The two men asking if she was sure she'd be fine taking them to the door herself, where she of course answered with a yes. Ready to get them out of her face, as rude as it sounded. But she couldn't help it, she was finally home.

She waved them off one last time before turning her back to the vehicle and approaching the front door. Wheeling her larger luggage behind her, with her carryon draped over her shoulder. Taking in a deep and relieving breath, she reached into her pocket and took out her house key. Smiling down to it, before fitting it into the lock and turning.

Being greeted by the warm kitchen lights, and three turned heads on the couch. All in apparent shock, jaws slacked, as Lisa raised her brows. Dropping her carryon and releasing her luggage handle as she smiled to the three. "What? No welcome home hugs and kisses? Did I get the date wrong?" She looked down to her watch, only to hear immediate footsteps thumping towards her.

Looking up in time to catch Chaeyoung as she practically leapt into her arms. Lisa releasing a happy chuckle as she tightened her hold and crushed her girlfriend in an embrace that lasted several long and comforting seconds. The two of them nuzzling their heads into one another's necks, until she could sense her parents beside them.

Lisa pulled away from Chaeyoung, whispering to her to give her a moment, before hugging her Mother and Marco longingly. "Welcome home Lis." Her stepdad hummed happily. "We've missed you."

"Very much." Her Mother added as they all leaned back. "No more being a star mentor for you young lady."

The four of them chuckled at the joke. Lisa smiling to the each of them as she felt Rosie clinging to the back of her shirt. "I've missed you guys a lot too, so I'll be sure to reject any new mentoring gigs. At least for the next year." Lisa grinned, but felt the hold on her shirt tighten after her joke. Her Mother glancing past her eyes and to Chaeyoung behind her.

"We're just... really glad to have you back." Marco spoke once more. His eyes and words lacing more meaning than just the happiness of having his stepdaughter back home. And Lisa caught onto that meaning quickly, as she turned around and wrapped Rosie in her arms again right after his statement.

"I know." She spoke, while her hands caressed the back of the Australian. "And I'm glad to finally be." Lisa looked from her Parents, down to Chaeyoung, whose head was already tucked under her chin. Tiny hands clenching the Thai's front for comfort. "For two whole weeks." Lisa whispered into her ear.

Rosie nodded her head against her as Lisa worked her hands up and down her girlfriend's back. Getting a little lower each rub, until she had her hands on both sides of Chaeyoung's waist. Her eyes widening a little as she let her fingers dip into her skin. Glancing to her Mom, who nodded silently.

Lisa looked back down to Chae, bringing her body impossibly closer as she kissed her temple softly. Wrapping her arms fully around her lover and not intending on letting her go anytime soon. Scared if she did, the slimming girlfriend of hers would break apart, and fade away.

And she was terrified of that, while Chaeyoung was silent in her arms. Left quietly sensing her returning baby's worry. Knowing perfectly well why Lisa's body had stiffened when exploring her skin. In a way where Roseanne suddenly felt remorseful for all the times she wasn't hungry, or told herself she wasn't.

Releasing Lisa's top, she looped her arms around the Thai's neck. Kissing the beauty mark at the base of it, that she could still pinpoint without even needing to open her eyes. Ghosting her lips across her skin as she brought hers to Lisa's, and whispered into them.

"I've missed you so much." She sniffed. "God, I've missed you."

Lisa kissed her softly. Letting it last, and applying only the sweetest bit of pressure, before leaning back. "I know you have baby, because I've missed you too. More than I think you know." She pecked her lips again. "But I'm here now, and I'm gonna make everything up to you."