Chapter 22| I'll Be There

A SHORT CHAPTER. I AM SO SORRY (I know you all are tired of hearing that). I have been so stuck and have rewritten this over and over and im still not happy happy with it, but I think I know how I want to continue this story!!!!

Also I need quarantine friends, any takers? 

I LOVE YOU ALL AND I HOPE YOU ARE DOING OKAY <3<3<3

Vic's POV

Jamie and I cleaned off our desks and said goodbye to some of the others we work with before heading out of the building. I was going to head back to Kellin's, and Jamie and I were going to meet up later tonight. I was still struggling with whether or not to tell Oliver what I know. It's not much but it's enough to let him know that Kellin shouldn't be around that asshole. I was scared that Kellin would be mad at me but I could live with that if it meant that he wouldn't be treated like that anymore. That was the right thing to do, right? You make sure those you love are safe. 

I realized quickly what I had just thought and shook it off with a chuckle. It's too early for that isn't it. You can't possibly fall in love that quickly. 

When I got to Kellin's place I knocked on the door. I stood there a moment and knocked again. There wasn't any noises coming  from the place either. I knocked louder and then louder. Still no answer. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed his number. The line rang and rang. I put my ear up to the door and could hear the faint sound of his ringtone. I let the line continue to ring until it reached his voicemail. I knocked on the door a little harder and when that didn't work I tried the doorknob out of curiosity. It was unlocked. I pushed the door in and closed it quietly behind me, making sure it was locked this time. 

"Kellin?" I called out to him and got no answer. I looked in the kitchen and living room and he was nowhere to be found there. I went down the hall to find both the bathroom door and bedroom doors closed. I took a breath and went to the bathroom first. I slowly opened the door. I don't know what I expected but I let out a sigh of relief when I saw the bathroom was completely empty. Next was his bedroom. He had to be there. I walked across the hall and turned the doorknob slowly. "Kellin?" I called out softly again. 

I opened the door wide and sighed in relief once again when I saw him sitting on the edge of the bed. He was sitting there, nothing but a pair of boxers on, staring into the mirror. "Kellin?" He didn't even move. I sat down beside of him and pushed a strand of hair behind his ear. He didn't even flinch. "Are you okay?" He didn't answer me. He just kept staring at his own reflection in the mirror. "Doll?" I whispered and grabbed one of his hands in mine. I was losing hope in getting a response when he brought his other hand up to his face and wiped away a tear that had just started to fall. 

"Sorry." He turned to look at me and sniffled, "I just kind of zoned out." I grabbed pulled him close to me me and laid his head on my chest. 
"You're fine Kells." I placed a soft kiss on the top of his head. "You okay?" he nodded. To be honest I didn't fully believe him but I didn't want to push him either. So I just held him against me until he decided to move. Which happened to be a good 45 minutes later. He then moved from my arms and let out a big sigh. "I have to get ready now."
"Ready for what?"
"The club. I called and asked Oliver if I could have a extra shift tonight. I need something to distract myself." I quirked my eyebrow up at that. 
"I could distract you?" I offered. He turned around and smiled at me. 
"i'm sure you could." He kissed my cheek and then got up from the bed.
"But are you sure this is the best way to distract yourself?" He sighed at my question.
"I'm not going to be taking any private rooms tonight. I'm just going to dance. That's all. That's all I want to do tonight." He paused. "You can come with me tonight if you want to. I'd like it if you were there. Just so...Well just because." 
"Of course i'll be there." 

I watched as he packed a bag. His movements were slow. It was almost as if he didn't want to go himself. I had asked him again but he assured me that he wanted to. So reluctantly I let him pack. It didn't take him much longer and once he finished he slipped into some sweatpants and a hoodie and smiled at me. 
"Ready?" I asked him as I returned his smile.
"Ready."
I stood up from my seat on the bed and wrapped my arms around him. I gave him a kiss on the forehead and placed his hand in mine. "Let's go then Doll."