Chapter 13 | Comfort

What would you say if I told you I've had this written for about a week and I thought I published it but I didn't 😅?

Vic's POV

I held Kellin close to me and just let him cry. My arms were wrapped tightly around his small frame and his hands clenched my shirt like it was a life savor. He cried for what seemed like hours. Until finally he pulled back a little and looked at me with a red, tear stained face.
"I-I'm sorry Vic." He said quietly and unclenched my shirt to wipe at the tears left on his cheeks.
"There is absolutely no reason for you to be sorry Kells. I just want to make sure you're okay." I wrapped one arm tightly around him and used the other one to push some loose hair behind his ear and out of his face.

"I'm fine." He said quietly. "I just...I had a moment." I didn't fully believe Kellin had just 'had a moment'. He sounded so heartbroken and utterly lost.
"What happened?"
"I told you I-"
"No," I interrupted. "Something happened Kellin. Did someone hurt you?" He cast his eyes to the ground and I found myself pulling him closer to me.
"It's stupid." He whispered.
"If it upset you, it's not stupid." I told him truthfully.

He took a couple breaths and gave me a small look before nodding his head.
"My last umm guy was just a little rough." He said and gave his shoulders a weak shrug.
"Rough how?" I asked, feeling myself start to get angry at the prospect of someone hurting him.
"He just gripped a little too hard and was a little rough with his thrusts."
"Did you ask him to stop?"
"I did."
"Did he?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"He did." Kellin shook his head quickly. "But that's not really what bothered me. I umm I blew him afterwards to finish him off but it was what he said that hurt me. He kept on calling me a slut and he told me I only belonged on my knees." I saw a tear roll down his face. "I know it's the truth, but it still hurts. I don't want to be just a slut but if the shoe fits, right? I just...I've had guys throw me around like a rag doll. I've had them use me over and over and none of that really bothers me. It's the names. I don't like being called a slut or a whore. It just chips away at my insides."

I watched as Kellin talked. His whole face was consumed by this heartbreaking look of sadness. He looked vulnerable and I could tell all the walls he usually had in place were beginning to crumble. His voice was shaky as he told me about how he felt when he was called a slut.

"And there's just something about it that hurts me so bad. I've always been told to take what a person says with a grain of salt but it's not that easy. I don't know what it is about it that sets me off but when it happens I just...something inside me breaks. It's like I suddenly realize how filthy I am. How worthless I am. It's not a good feeling Vic, but I believe it hurts this bad because it's the truth."

I looked at him with a bewildered expression as tears rolled down his face. "Kellin you're not a slut and you're not worthless. I don't know how I can express that to you to make you believe it, but just hear me out, you're so special and you're worth so much more than some nasty word some low life called you." He looked up at me and wiped at his eyes before shaking his head. "I mean it." I pressed and took one of his hands in mine, placing a soft kiss on the back of it.

"How can you sit there and tell me I'm not worthless and that I'm not a slut when I was just literally on my knees for another man ten minutes ago?" He whispered.
"That doesn't matter. I don't care what you do, that doesn't change how I see you."
He shook his head at me again and once again wiped at the tears staining his cheeks. His shoulders rose and fell as he took some deep breaths and calmed himself some more.

"Now how about we eat and just relax?" I asked him and he gave me a little nod. I stood up and then helped him to his feet. He wrapped his arms around his bare chest and I saw his cheeks turn the slightest shade of pink when he looked down and noticed the only things covering him were his underwear and thigh highs. I was quick to pull the hoodie I had on off and slip it over his head. It hung loosely on his frame, causing it to fall a little over mid thigh and completely over his hands.
"Thanks." He said with a small smile and I just smiled back at him before going over and opening the different containers of food.

I spread them out on the bed and plopped down making myself comfortable. I looked up to see Kellin staring idly at the floor.
"Hey Kells, come join me. It's lonely without company." His gaze flicked to mine a moment and he seemed to snap back into reality. He gave his head a quick shake and then hurried over to the bed where he immediately grabbed a fork and dug in. We chatted lightly between bites of food, easing our way back into a conversation, and before too long Kellin was holding his side as he laughed. I couldn't help but smile and admire the way the sound rolled off his tongue. It was like music to my ears. It made my mouth twitch upward in a way it had never done before and it made my heart beat just a little faster than I was used to, but I was okay with that because Kellin was the reason behind it.