No words were exchanged after that as we drove home. Entering the house, a gust of celebration wafted along. Everywhere my eyes went, I saw colours and gifts and flowers. The girls were chirping with henna clad hands. Packing up gifts and what not. Afaaf grinned at me as she saw me making my way over to her.

" And where had you been?" She inquired.

" No where." I shrugged.

" Hmm. Saboohi's suitcases and things have arrived. And they have been sent to your room. Anything else you'd like?" She asked making me shake my head in negative.

" Nope. Thank you so much."

The woman hit my arm playfully. Her large brown eyes rounding with sparks as she looked at me.

" You don't thank your friends, silly." I chuckled as she walked past me and into the kitchen.

" Jahaan."

A small voice called out from behind me and I turned around seeing Mohid stand there. He smiled at me. I kneeled to his level.

" Hey little guy."

I kissed his soft hair and wound an arm around him. His chubby cheeks were red as he grinned at me.

"Lwok."

He spoke showing me the card in his hands. My eyes cut to the wedding card and I dropped the smile.

" Where did you get this from?" I asked tickling his tummy.

" Shaa Khala gawe it." He said munching on the jelly beans he was eating.

I nodded my head at him and beckoned him to go play. Straightening up, I examined the card. The invitation was given and so were the cards. However in the past week I couldn't gather the strength to see the card. To have a look at it once. To see my name being written besides another.

I sighed out, playing with the pastel blue bow it had. I peeked open the outer cover and pulled out the main card. My eyes easily swept over the formal greetings and then at the content down below. Making my heart shiver in the pit of my chest.

Jahan Ali Khan Weds Saboohi Mirza

Everyone was on the tip of their toes as evening enveloped us. The girls couldn't be anymore happier as they returned from Saboohi's house after dropping the gifts off. And all day, the boys had managed to keep me busy. Sometimes going to check on the venue while dragging me to match the ties and then for one last suit fitting session. That took longer than usual.

Bazid and Zaryaab had gathered everyone in the floral decorated veranda. Playing wedding songs on the speakers. Loud enough that I feared the neighbors would protest. The girls shyly descended down the stairs, dressed in embroidered clothes and makeup. Afaaf was all smiles before she disappeared leaving me to mischievous looking Faraal and Shaya.

" What?" I asked cluelessly. Allowing an innocent smile to play on my lips.

The two women exchanged glances with each other but before they could utter a word, a rough pull made me almost flung in the direction of the brutal force. I tilted my head seeing Dadi Gul Jan pull me to sit besides her on the charpoy bed. Mom sat on my other side. Smiling warming at me.

" Everyone please sit down." Bazid yelled over the speakers.

I cringed as he yelled once again making dad and Khan Dada settled on the plastic chairs they stood by. Their eyes growing large. I almost resisted the urge to burst into laughter at my dad's reaction. Flickering my eyes to the woman, I saw her graciously move as she served ice cream to everyone. Norie tagging behind her.