Part 33: I refuse Niall Horan, I fucking refuse

****

“What do you want to do now?” I heard Niall ask behind me.

“I don’t know…. What movies are out right now?” I asked turning around.       

I changed back into my airport clothing at the studio after we finished the interview. I spoke to Ellen for a while and she said I could be back on the show whenever I wanted. She’s so much fun I love her, apart from the heart attack she gave me of course.

“You thinking what I’m thinking?”

“Paranormal Activity 4?” he said with a cheeky grin.

I instantly broke out into a grin.

“Name the theatre and we’ll go in an hour.”

We both rushed to the hotel room and I struggled to swipe the card through the handle.

“You do it,” I said while laughing. I couldn’t even open a stupid door!

Once we got the door open I went straight to my laptop and thought about what to wear.

“….There’s one on at six…?” I shouted from the bedroom.

“That one good?” I heard him shout from the couch.

“I’m okay with it if you’re okay with it....”

“Six it is then!” He said.

I thought about what I was going to wear, I don’t want to be bashed on ‘Fashion Police’ again. For some reason the paparazzi was all over us, more than usual. I’m not used to this type of attention. Even in London I didn’t get this much attention, I could go to the grocery store and not have to worry about a million people following me, only one of two and I didn’t really mind it at that number, but having thirty men all around me was uncomforting.

“You want to stay in today instead?” I suggested after thinking it over.

“Why did you change your mind?” he asked while patting the seat next to him on the couch.

“Just….” I said while shrugging, and slugging myself down next to him. I didn’t want him to know that I’m bothered by the paparazzi, they’re like the main things about being famous; everyone knew it was unavoidable, if I complain I just sound stupid.

“Just…. what?” I heard him asked being persistent.

“I don’t really feel like going out today. I’m tired. Can’t we just watch movie here?” I suggested.

He looked me over as if not believing me, “….You’re scared of the paparazzi aren’t you?” he asked sweetly.

“What makes you think that? Why would I be scared of dancing pricks with a camera?” I muttered that last sentence of course though, but he obviously heard me and smiled a bit, but it quickly faded.

“You don’t feel comfortable, I see you when they’re around, you feel weirded out by them.”

“Of course they weird me out!” I confessed, “They follow us everywhere, we are never alone, I can’t even go to the store without them following us around, I’m surprised they weren’t at the book store!”

“Okay calm down,” he said while smiling, “Being Nava could be worse, we could be Jelena!” He said while laughing, but I was as grim as ever.

“This is no time to compare us to Justin and Selena!” I said, “I’m sick of them following us everywhere, in London it was fine, one two, five sometimes, but I can deal with that, but I’m not comfortable with thirty random men running to me everywhere I go!” I shouted while standing up and making my way to the kitchen for no reason. I just felt like walking around to let it out.