Part 6

We got to her house and I was about to knock when she grabbed my arm to stop it.

"Whats wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. We just…. we just can't go in through here. Follow me."

She led me out through the back. It was kind of weird. She led me down stairs from the back door, and opened the door. Inside was a small couch in front of a t.v.  a kitchen with the island dividing the living couch and tv from the kitchen.

"The bathroom's in the back to left of the hall."

She plumped down on the couch, and I sat next to her.

"It's fine. I don't need the Loo…. Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Nothing happened." her voice seems fragile.

"Are you sure? You don't want to talk about it?"

"Yeah, but not really. I'm fine, nothing happened. Things could have been worse. The good thing was that you were there. I don't know what would have happened if you weren't there." She gives me a reassuring smile, so I take it.

"Its fine. So whats up with sneaking in through the back into your basement?"

"Its a long story."

"I have time."

"Speaking of time, aren't you in the wrong time zone?"

"Its a long story, and technically no I'm not Indiana, is still in this time zone."

"If you say so. How about a deal. I'll tell why, if you do."

"Deal." A small satisfied smirk crawled on her face. I would do anything to see her smile like that again.

"My mother. Were not exactly close. I grew up alone. No one knows though. I was raised by nannies, and babysitters. I stopped seeing my sister when she left for school in London. She came back about a year ago, but we don't talk much. She just gives me a couple of rides here and there, but its rare. I grew up without parents. I hate to say it out loud, but i don't love them. And I know, they don't love me."

"It makes sense. How can you love someone who was never there."

"Exactly! So I just prefer to avoid them. My mom was in town today. I'm hiding out in my basement. I planed this for a week. She thinks I'm sleeping over at-"

"A friends house, I came here first and she said that."

"Yeah. I fell asleep and when I woke up, it was 2:30. I went to walk around in the park… walt way there-"

"I can figure out the rest. it's fine."

"Thanks… Its your turn."

"I got the idea backstage at a concert. I kinda snuck out of my room at the hotel in Indiana, flew here, asked some people at the airport to trace your call all they said was it at the south side of chicago, I found a phone book, looked up you last name, and only two people were registered with a house at the south side, figured they were parents, your mom told me something by the park, went to look for you saw you at the end of the block, you know the rest… I couldn't wait three weeks…. If your parents didn't care about you as you say, then why wouldn't you come to Ohio?"

"….I was scared."

"Reasonable, I guess."

"Really?"

"No." She laughed and I smiled, "But it doesn't matter. Point is I didn't wait three weeks to see you."

W stayed in silence. She laid down and put her head in on my lap. I started playing with her hair after a while.