Dry Cleaning

After filling out some forms, I was allowed to leave. I had told my boss what happened and thankfully I had the day off for some recovery. Though I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with my free time. Because I didn't get to have my hot chocolate the night before, I went to get another. As I crossed the road to a coffee shop, someone called out my name.

"Miss Hills!" I turned to see Barry jogging up to me."I'm not following you don't worry. It's just, I was wondering if you could help me with something."

"Uh, yeah. And, you can call me Bethan, by the way."

     Both of us ordered and stayed in the coffee shop as I answered his questions. The questions were all about The Flash, things that might help with the investigation. Though after a while, we got talking, not about anything to do with the investigation but about each other; our jobs, where we were from, what we liked, anything like that. Barry was the nicest person from the police, actually taking in my suggestions on how this whole stalker incident might have happened.

     I took in Barry features as he was talking about some science stuff (I didn't understand a word of it but I listened anyway) and I noticed that he was quite a good looking guy. His nerdiness was cute too, the way he was so passionate about what he was talking about fascinated me. The sound of his phone ringing snapped me out of my daze.

"Sorry, I've got to get back to work. I'll probably see you again some time, you know, since I'm working on your case." He suggested, standing up.

"I look forward to it." We said our goodbyes. Before he exited the coffee shop, he hesitated at the door, smiling at me one more time. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks which I saw made him laugh. God, why did I have to be so shy?

     Clinging to my jacket, I wished that I had my old coat back. Of course, I would never get it back, there was no way that I would ever go back to that place again. I'd have to look online for a new one, knowing that the shop I got it from wouldn't have it in stock in the store. On that thought, I decided to head back to my apartment to browse the internet for new clothing. I deserved a little treat for what those creeps did to me.

                                              *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Arriving at my apartment half an hour after I finished my hot chocolate (I had been on my phone for a while checking out the shops opening times for future reference), I saw a parcel on my front door. Freezing at the end of the hallway, I wasn't sure whether I should take it or leave it. 'It could just be a regular parcel though.' I thought,'But on the other hand it could be something more than pictures.' Shaking my head, I took slow steps towards it, always looking around me. Cautiously picking it up, I headed inside my apartment, locking the door with the chains as well.

      The parcel definitely didn't have pictures, it was some sort if clothing and I hadn't ordered anything. Getting some scissors, I carefully cut open the parcel, horrible thoughts flooding my mind. Jumping back as I opened it, my coat fell out. On it, a letter was attached. If it was from the stalker, it could be used as evidence, but I would never know if I never read it.

Dear pretty woman I saved the other day,

I found this still lying on the ground. It looked a little dirty so I got it cleaned for you. I've seen you walking around in that tiny jacket and you look freezing (don't worry, I always check on the victims I have saved,I'm not obsessed with you). Hope to run into you again!

The Flash