Jealousy

Luckily, mine and Barry's lunch breaks were around the same time, so we were able to see each other then. We couldn't go too far out of the city, so we went to the coffee shop where we first talked. Upon entering, someone called out to Barry and soon enough, Iris came rushing up to him. They shared a hug, which went on for quite a while in my eyes, until they finally pulled away. She greeted me happily whilst I could only smile; what was wrong with me?

Iris got us a table before she took our orders. As she walked away, I watched her. She and Barry were quite close to be honest...

"Bethan! Are you ok?" Barry snapped me out of my trance. Quickly looking back at him, I nodded, trying to look happy. It wasn't that I was bad at sharing my emotions, I just didn't want to bring the mood down, especially since everyone was so happy. For now, I would just bottle up everything.

Barry didn't see that I was acting, he thought I was perfectly fine. Going along with it, we drank what we had ordered. At one point, I was starting to enjoy myself until Iris came along and joined us. I felt like I was third wheeling. Was Iris unaware of our relationship now? Had she not seen Barry's arms wrapped securely around my waist when we walked in? What about our smiles and laughter? Or the closeness of our body's? Apparently not.

Though what was I supposed to do it say? They grew up together, their friendship probably meant the world to them. It would make me seem like a horrible person by telling her to go away and I didn't want to upset Barry. After what was said to me by Wells (and what with Barry agreeing with Wells' words) I was trying to be careful. If Barry saw that I was upset, he may think it was down to all of this danger and I couldn't let it get to that; he meant to much to me, I wasn't going to lose him.

Iris left at long last and we had finished our drinks. What was supposed to be our lunchtime turned into something entirely different. Barry kept asking if I was alright as he paid for the drinks and he kept asking when we gathered our things. Not satisfied with my answer (which was 'I'm fine') he kept pushing. But I was too embarrassed to tell him; my jealousy for Iris was stupid and I didn't want to get ideas into Barry's head about the danger side of all of this.

Thankfully, a police car pulled up beside us, the person driving immediately hopping out as soon as it stopped. Joe looked panicked, instructing Barry that they needed to go. Barry looked conflicted between the two of us. After a few minutes of pondering who to go with (despite my protests for him to get to work) he begged Joe to let him take me to work. Joe finally gave him, informing him if where the crime scene was once I was safe. Joe sped off again, leaving Barry and I.

Barry ran me to my work but stayed a few streets down from it, just to make it seem like I had walked. Once set on my feet, I quickened my pace, confusing Barry. He took my hand and stopped me, standing in my way.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" He asked.

"I've told you, I'm-"

"Bethan, I'm not stupid, I know something is upsetting you."

Biting my lip, I tried to not cry. "Seriously, it doesn't matter."

He trued to get me to look at him but I refused. Sighing, he carried on."Please tell me what's wrong so I can fix it. Was it Iris?"

Was I that obvious?

"I'm sorry about her, I just can't say no. Next time though, I'll tell her to go away, she'll understand."

That made me feel a little better."Thanks." I mumbled.

"That's not it though, is it?"

Shaking my head no, I took a shaky breath."It's just...I'm scared Barry."

"Scared? Is someone after you?"

"No. It's about you. I-"

"You're scared of me?!"

"No! I'm scared that you're going to leave me! Everyone is saying how we shouldn't be together because of the enemies you're now going to make and it's driving me crazy."

"We'll just ignore them."

"But that's the thing; I can't. You even said yourself that you were dangerous. I'm scare that one day you're going to start thinking like them and leave me."

"Bethan, look at me." His voice had now changed, it was more demanding. Doing as he said, I looked at him through teary eyes."I don't know where this doubt is coming from but it needs to stop. What did I say to you last night?"

"That you weren't letting me go."

"Exactly. I don't know why you're doubting this."

"This isn't a normal relationship Barry. You're a superhero and I'm just a regular person. It isn't going to be easy."

"I know but look at us. Together we'll be fine, alright? Just please don't be upset, I can't stand to see you like this."

Nodding, I tried to show that I agreed with him. He leant down, pecking my lips softly before he hugged me tight. I was still upset though what else was I going to do? Barry had reassured me that we were staying together, so why did I have this horrible feeling in me?