Imprisoned

I sat alone in the questioning room, rubbing my hands together. There were people watching me behind the double sided window and I hated it. It felt as if I was some sort of display that everyone had come to see. None of this was making sense, I had no memory of robbing any banks in my life.

The door opened and Captain Singh walked through with some files. A colleague of his wheeled in a TV, handing over a DVD. I watched as he slid the disk in, perching on the table as we waited for it to load. It finally played, showing CCTV footage from the robbery. It was night time and a figure was creeping through the entrance of the bank. They were female, I could see that. They continued with their burglary, shoving money into as many bags as they could. The screen went blank as the tape was over. The Captain stood, pushing the files towards me.

"None of this is making sense Miss Hills." He said as I opened the file. In it was a zoomed in version of the footage and it definitely looked like me.

"This is wrong! I have an alibi and I have no reason to rob a bank!" I exclaimed.

"Well go on, explain how you couldn't have done this."

"I was visiting my friends all day at S.T.A.R Labs. I was with Caitlin Snow, Cisco Ramen and Felicity Smoak. Later in the afternoon, Felicity and I went to Jitters to get coffee for everyone. Then I went home. Barry can back me up too!"

The Captain pulled out a phone and spoke into it."Can I get someone to confirm that please?" He put his phone away.

"So what happens after that? Do I get to go home?"

"We'll see."

He left the room and I waited there for what felt like ages. The door was opened again but it was just Joe. He handed me a styrofoam cup which was warm, sipping from his own.

"What happened?" He asked quietly.

"Like I said, I was at S.T.A.R Labs all day and then I went home." My voice wavered as I started sobbing."I've never committed a crime in my life, not even a parking ticket!"

Joe leaned closer."I know it wasn't you. This must be a metahuman."

"A metahuman who can take the form of other people? They'll be impossible to catch. Do the police even know of metahumans?"

"They're only just starting to believe in it. There have been some other cases the same a yours, innocent people could be jailed for this."

The door opened again, Joe and I leaning back into our chairs. The Captain stood there, his hands on his hips, sighing.

"I'm terribly sorry Miss Hills, you're free to go. But if you have any information that links back to this, you must inform us immediately."

I nodded as I walked out of the room, breathing a sigh of relief. An officer returned my belongings to me after I filled out a few papers. I heard someone call my name as I put on my coat. Turning around I saw Iris.

"Hey, Bethan. What are you doing here?" She asked.

"They thought that I robbed a bank." I explained, placing my bag on my arm.

"What!? How could they make that mistake?"

"I guess someone is going round pretending to be other people so they don't get caught."

"Gosh, are you OK? Do they know anything about this person?"

"You trying to get some information for your articles?"

She smiled."I'll interview you someday. Actually, I wanted to talk to you, about the Flash."

I sighed."Iris, please don't do his again-"

"Please, Bethan, it would really benefit me." She started to raise her voice.

"I've told you a thousand times, I have nothing to do with him. Besides, even if I did, I wouldn't want to draw anymore attention to either him or me."

"Well, at least consider it."

"I have and I'm not doing it!" I snapped.

"Woah, what's going on here?" Eddie said as him and Barry approached us.

Barry engulfed me in a hug."I'm sorry that you had to go through that." I just smiled back at him.

"Why won't you help me?" Iris went straight back into the argument.

"Because it's my business and no one else's."

"So you do have business with the Flash!"

"I didn't say that!"

"Ladies, come on, let's calm down." Eddie interrupted.

"But she's lying to all of us."

Barry wrapped an arm around me."Iris, what has gotten into you?"

"Your own girlfriend is lying to you over a very serious matter! Aren't you angry?"

"You know what, Iris," I stepped forward,"you need to back the fuck away from me because I am getting tired of this whole act you've got going on."

"My 'act'?"

"You need to stop presuming that people are just going to give you what you want or need because your dad is in the police force."

"Don't bring my family into this."

"Then don't go spreading lies about me."

"What on Earth is going on here!?" The Captain shouted over us, Joe trailing behind him. I hadn't realised that we had gained an audience.

"I don't care what this argument is about but it needs to be taken outside." The Captain ordered.

I huffed before storming out, pulling Barry along with me. The stares didn't affect me anymore, I just needed to get away from Iris. Barry and I started walking away from the station, both of us silent until he started to slow me down.

"Ok, what was that really about back there?" He asked, still holding my hands.

"What I said, I'm tired of her asking questions about that night and the other times we've been spotted together. She can't seem to take a hint."

"Look, you're just upset because of what happened. Let's get to S.T.A.R Labs and work out what has happened, they're all worried about you."