Twisted Words

As soon as I stepped into the station, my mood instantly deteriorated and I felt all eyes on me. Everyone knew about my case, how could they not know? I was involved with The Flash, of course I was becoming a popular person here. There was no need for me to fill out any forms like I usually would, the woman could probably do it herself. Taking slow steps, I looked around to see if Barry was anywhere or Detective West.

"Miss Hills, I think we need to talk." Someone said behind me. West stood there, not looking happy. Sighing, I followed him upstairs, along the corridor to the ever so familiar lab. Barry sat at his desk, staring at the piece of paper he had taken from me. I was still slightly annoyed at him so I didn't really feel like talking to him.

"Bethan, I know that you know about Barry's secret." West said."And, I have to agree with Barry, you have to start listening to him and open up to us  little more."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I mumbled.

"It means that when things like this," he gestured to the note,"turn up, you need to inform us."

"Fine."

"I'm being serious Bethan. You've been running from us too many times now."

"Do you think I want to run? Do you think that I'm happy about coming here almost everyday? Well I'm not. I've missed work so many times, missed hanging out with my friends and above all, actually getting a good nights sleep!" I took a deep breath before I continued."Look, all I'm saying is, you guys are getting no where with this."

"I hate to tell you that you're wrong, but you're wrong." Barry spoke up.

"What? You've found the guy?!"

"Yep, tonights the night we catch him." West said.

"How? Who is he?"

"Don't worry about that. Barry here is going to take you home now." West sent him a look. Barry reluctantly nodded, grabbing his coat.

     This wasn't fair. Wasn't I entitled to know who my stalker was? Wasn't I allowed to have a little bit of information on this plan for tonight? Apparently not according to the police that I had entrusted my life with.

    Barry and I were silent as we walked out of the lab and down the stairs, both of us looking anywhere but each other. It was only when we climbed into my car that we started to talk. Though it wasn't a pleasant conversation. As he spoke, I started up the car and drove off.

"Are you happy now?" He asked. He still wouldn't look at me.

"Excuse me?" I tried to defend myself.

"We're going to catch him now, you won't have to come in and be bothered with questions any longer. And your hero won't come by either, so that a bonus, right?"

"Barry, why are you being like this? You're saying all this stuff like they were good things."

"So The Flash coming to check on you was a bad thing?"

"No! Of course not, but Barry, you have to understand, I didn't know it was you at the time. I'm still trying to get my head around it to be honest."

"How does that change anything you just said?"

"What I'm trying to say is, that I would have preferred it if you yourself had come to check on me, as a friend not my hero." He didn't respond but he was finally looking at me. As the traffic light turned green, I started to drive again but also tried to think of what to say, without hurting Barry's feelings.

"Barry, you're still my friend. I just don't understand why you're having a go at me?"

"Because you won't want to see me again after this." He mumbled.