Unsuspecting

It had been a week since Rose's funeral. Although it was painful, I had mostly gotten over it. I had to move on, she did try to kill me after all. As usual, I was at S.T.A.R Labs, watching the others do their scientific things (I had given up trying to understand it all). Barry was at work meaning it was just me, Cisco and Caitlin.

Cisco groaned, before slamming his fists on the desk."Urgh!"

"What's wrong?" I asked, gliding over on the swivel chair.

"This stupid computer won't do its damn job!"

"Do you know why?"

"I've tried everything but nothing is working."

"Are you sure that the system just doesn't need an update?" Another voice chimed in.

We all looked at the entrance to see a woman standing there. She had her blonde hair up in a ponytail, had glasses and was wearing a brightly coloured dress. Caitlin and Cisco seemed to know her but I was left in the dark.

"Felicity!" They both exclaimed running over to her.

"Hey guys." She said back, hugging them both.

They all started to engage in a conversation whilst I was still sat down. I waited for a moment before they all suddenly stopped talking and faced me.

"Oh, Bethan, this is Felicity Smoak, she works with Arrow. And Felicity, this is Bethan Hills, she's Barry's girlfriend." Caitlin explained.

I shook Felicity's hand."It's nice to meet you."

"Yeah you too. God, Barry finally got a girlfriend."

I looked at her strangely.

"Oh no, I didn't mean for that to he offensive. I've just always known him to be shy and awkward, especially around women."

I laughed."Yeah, that sounds like him."

Felicity turned out to be a computer genius, and she was just like Caitlin and Cisco; a science geek. Though, she seemed more awkward than the others, but it was quite funny to watch them discuss things that I couldn't understand.

"So, you and Barry..." Felicity dragged out her sentence.

I sat next to her, watching as she types away."Yeah?"

"How long has this been going on for? Oh! I'm sorry, I know this sounds rude but he's a good friend of mine."

"No, it's fine. I mean, a friend of Barry's is obviously a friend of mine. But we've been out for quite a while."

"Well I'm glad. It's great that he's finally gotten over Iris."

I smiled weakly."Yeah."

Later on, Felicity and I decided to go to Jitters and get some coffee. I had to inform her that Iris was no longer there as she had now gotten a new job as a journalist. However, her cover stories of The Flash were beginning to worry us all; what if she got too deep into the matter? She almost died last time, nothing could be worse than that.

As we sat down after our orders, our attention was diverted to the TV in the café. It The Flash saving people from a fire in one of the office buildings. Luckily, everyone was safe and the fire was an accident, not caused by a metahuman. I turned to face the right way, facing Felicity who was still looking at the TV.

She sighed."It must be so nice to have a superhero boyfriend."

"What do you mean? I thought you and The Arrow were a thing?" I whispered to her.

"What?" She tensed up.

"Cisco may or may not have mentioned it."

"I never was nor will I ever be with Oliver. Not my type."

"So immensely rich and incredibly handsome aren't your type?"

"His personality is a total turn off. Millionaires are always so arrogant."

I giggled."Yeah, they seem like that."

It was quiet for a minute."Are you OK?"

"Yeah of course I am."

"No, not now. Like, since you've been dating Barry."

"My life has only been in danger once or twice." I tried to lighten the mood.

"The cost that comes with dating a superhero."

"Oh, don't I know it."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I pulled the covers over my body as I laid down to sleep. Barry had told me that he would be at mine for tonight but apparently that wasn't the case. I had stayed up as late as I could but my tiredness took over and I needed to go to bed. After checking my phone for messages one more time, I sighed before turning the lights off. There was no point messaging him, he wouldn't get it.

I was having trouble getting to sleep though that didn't surprise me. Tossing and turning wasn't much help either, I was just restless. But as I was about to actually get some sleep, I heard the familiar sound of a particularly fast runner. The bedroom door opened slowly and Barry slipped inside. He didn't see that I was awake and got ready for bed.

As the bed dipped, he pulled me closer to him. I let his arms wrap around me and I suddenly felt normal. My tiredness came back, making me fall asleep way too quickly. But as I put my arms around him, o felt bandages around his torso and he winced as I hugged him. Sitting up and turning the light switch on, I pulled the covers away.

"What the hell happened?!" I panicked, seeing how much damage had been chased. Cuts and bruises were everywhere.

"The fire was pretty big. Hey, remember that I heal fast."

"Yeah I know. I just worry."

Before Barry could say anything else, his phone rang."Hello? Joe, what is it?" His face fell into shock.

"What's wrong?"

Barry looked at me."You've robbed a bank."