Choose

I found myself now walking the streets of Central City alone. After the message, directions were put up on the screen and I was to follow them. Maybe Barry was already there, maybe Nameless (I assumed that was who had written the message) instructed him to come as well. In my mind, I was trying to think this all through but the aching in my legs were distracting me; wherever I was going, it was quite far away.

I was heading towards the outskirts of the city, which meant it would be harder to locate the actual place. Looking down at my hand, I tried to read my writing, however, the words had smudged a bit due to my sweaty hands. I looked ahead, now seeing an empty field. As I looked to my right, I was a field with an old barn in it; that was the place.

The crops had died but I wasn't sure whether that was because of the weather or if the field wasn't owned by anyone. My feet toppled over the rough terrain as I tried to make it to the barn quickly. No light was coming from it but I didn't want to use my phone...

Shit, I'm so stupid.

Taking out my phone, I tried to call anyone I could but they either went to voicemail to the signal has gone out. I just hoped someone would get my message and come for me. For now, I was on my own.

The barn door was ajar, meaning I could easily slip inside. There were no animals in her nor anything else really. Taking a few steps in, I saw a shadow move; someone else was here too. Out of one of the stables, Rose walked out, holding a small gun that was aimed towards me.

"Look, I'm here now. I know you wanted to see me but let's just talk like we used to." I said, slowly approaching her.

She lit an old oil lamp, illuminating the place a little."Why didn't you tell me?"

"About what?"

"About The Flash!"

"What do you mean!?"

"You two, getting all cosy."

"Rose, if something was happening don't you think I'd tell you? Or at least confide in you?"

"Enough! I'm just doing as Nameless says."

"If I come with you, what are you going to do to me?"

She faltered."I-I don't know. But you're going to do as I say."

"No." Another voice spoke. Nameless suddnely appeared, lowering Rose's gun.

"What? But I thought that's what you wanted?" Rose asked confused.

Nameless walked over to me and behind me, pushing me forward with his own gun. He made me stand next to Rose, then he looked at us both.

"Go." Was all he said.

I glanced at Rose who looked heartbroken.

"But....love, we're supposed to be-"

"That plan is long gone. But thanks for the help."

"What's happening?"

I sighed."He's used you, just like I said he would."

She screamed at me."Oh shut up Bethan! Nameless, you can't be serious. Think of all the things we were going to accomplish! I just thought that we'd have more to see, more things to-"

A gun shot went off and Rose collapsed to the floor.

"She was boring me. Weren't you getting fed up with it?"

I fell to my knees beside Rose, cradling her in my arms. She was bleeding out of her lower torso but still alive, barely. Her body was shaking, her mouth partly opening to try and form words.

Her hand suddnely gripped my arm."Please..."

As I held her, a gust of wind blew around us and I knew who it was. Nameless chuckled, turning to face The Flash. They were arguing, trying to trash talk each other but I couldn't hear them. It was as if nothing else in the world mattered but Rose at that moment. She looked so fragile, not the usual sassy and determined woman I had known. I hated this, I hated that she looked so weak.

The next thing I knew, The Flash was now crouched down next to me, with Nameless lying unconscious on the floor. He had already analysed the situation and could see that it might be too late.

"Caitlin's safe, she's at S.T.A.R Labs." He hesitated."The hospital is very far away from here, I don't think I'll make it in time."

"Please, Barry, you have to try. Don't worry about me, I'll make my way back, but please try."

He gently took Rose from my arms, her blood soaked into my shirt."I'll run faster than I ever have before."